Skip to content

May 2020

edited May 2020 in Recent Acquisitions
This one is off to Dario...

Comments

• Nice snag!  That one certainly on my list and one of these days.
  • Very nice, Charlie! 
  • Roughly what would you expect to pay for Dario to restore that?

Peter
  • Hello. My first post in here so this is a practise run. 
    Though i would show some of my posters. 

I have ordered the Baroque 27x41 portfolio for storting my posters. And some of them are going up on the wall. 
    I manly want to collect 70's and 80's horror poster but if i like what i see and the price is right... You know. 

Tombstone is a DS poster, International used in Norway

Fargo is also used here in Norway

Big Trouble In Little China is one of my favoritt poster. 
    This is the Studio style poster
    It's a little ugly on top because the last owner had it in an IKEA frame thats a little to small for this poster

The Thing poster is one i would like to restore one day. Missing a little pice of paper at the border and som black on top, some one got to close with some strong tape...
    That is one of the reasons i joined this forum, to get the knowlegde one day to do this myself.

Ok thats it for my first post.
    I wish you all a covid-19 free year
  • Great group of posters! Thanks for sharing, and welcome!  :)
  • I always wanted a Thing one sheet, nice pickup
  • I see now that i should have posted this under "your collection"
    And not in here, sorry about that. 
    Other than that, thanks for the comments
  • Taxi driver...classic.  Love that image.

And that version of Fargo is one of my favourites.  Welcome!  Looking forward to seeing more of your collection.
  • nice selection. Thing is a classic

• Got this in the mail today.
    What you would call a guilty pleassure poster  ?

• This was a fun movie!
  • Yes it was. 
    Went down hill for Mr Chase after that. 
    And good luck with the Taxi Driver Charlie
  • Diiiiane... 
  • Good stuff guys.

@Charlie that Taxi Driver looks like Harvey Keitel after pissing Travis Brickle ;)

@Strand79 Any Carpenter poster is good!!
  • Finally got one.  Now watch the market get flooded!

• nice one. I have a re-release with a similar design. The one sneaking into the picture on the right looks colourful
  • Market schmarket. It's way more about enjoying it on your wall then worrying that there's a bunch more out there or someone will get one cheaper. The latter of those two seems almost inevitable with many (but not all) posters, as you can't watch all of the sales venues all of the time. It's a great poster, and it couldn't have a better owner.  :)
  • Nice pickup Ves ! Gee, that arrived quick.
  • Market schmarket. It's way more about enjoying it on your wall then worrying that there's a bunch more out there or someone will get one cheaper. The latter of those two seems almost inevitable with many (but not all) posters, as you can't watch all of the sales venues all of the time. It's a great poster, and it couldn't have a better owner.  :)
    Thanks Rock...not worried about the price really, I only ever pay what I want/can.
    Its the fact I waited YEARS for one to turn up, and now that I have one, I bet they will be all over the place...taunting me.
  • Matt said:
    Nice pickup Ves ! Gee, that arrived quick.
    Yeah, picked up a few from the same auction against my better judgement.   Been a long time since I picked up anything older so took a punt!
  • Awesome! Love that movie...
  • edited May 2020
    Well I blew my poster allowance on the resto of the Taxi Driver and.... 

Some NSS Pieces... Two covering the first “turn off your phones” and a nice “your late in returning a trailer...”

• Then then I went crazy on anti-war posters...

This Nixon has a swastika for the “X”...

• And I picked up a Men in Black and some Predators... Also there may be a package in the mail with a BTTF and High Plains Drifter and a Pulp Fiction...

• Great batch of stuff, Charlie! You definitely knocked it into the cheap seats with those. The NSS stuff is especially cool.  B)
  • I bet I would do really well with that anti-war stuff. Really cool!

Here is a handy checklist to help tell eMoviePoster.com apart from all other major auctions!
    HAS lifetime guarantees on every item - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS unrestored and unenhanced images - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS 100% honest condition descriptions - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS auctions where the winner is the higher of two real bidders - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "buyers premiums" - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "reserves or starts over $1 - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS hidden bidder IDs - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS no customer service to speak of - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "nosebleed" shipping charges - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS inadequate packaging - NOT eMoviePoster.com

• Plenty of good gear there, I partial to the HPD!
  • Here's a book from 1934 with tips and techniques to design film theater displays. Unbelievable stuff