Skip to content

When nobody wants to post thread....

1464748495052»

Comments

• The potatoes look great. I'm not sure I'd be using that spoon though.  :s
  • edited April 2019
    I was lucky enough to see a This Gun for Hire richardson daybill in person! Jaw dropping! 
    If only if it was available  for sale! 
  • Sven said:
    I was lucky enough to see a This Gun for Hire richardson daybill in person! Jaw dropping! 
    If only if it was available  for sale! 
    ???
  • Jim Carrey's impersonation of James Stewart is so funny!

• Finally opened a few packages for some rolled posters on ebay today.
    Reminded me why I pretty much don't buy from amateurs anymore...FFS!
  • edited May 2019
    Hi guys im nterested to know which is more popular to collect ; Inserts or Half Sheets ?

Do you think  there are collectors who only collect  either inserts  OR half sheets? 
  • I think inserts are more popular but as to collectors who only collect one or the other, Bruce would have an idea.
  • Inserts are slightly more popular, likely because there are more places on more walls to hang them.

But both lag FAR behind one-sheets.

Here is a handy checklist to help tell eMoviePoster.com apart from all other major auctions!
    HAS lifetime guarantees on every item - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS unrestored and unenhanced images - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS 100% honest condition descriptions - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS auctions where the winner is the higher of two real bidders - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "buyers premiums" - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "reserves or starts over $1 - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS hidden bidder IDs - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS no customer service to speak of - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "nosebleed" shipping charges - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS inadequate packaging - NOT eMoviePoster.com

• edited May 2019
    Bruce said:
    Inserts are slightly more popular, likely because there are more places on more walls to hang them.

That's interesting Bruce because with Australian posters, I find that one sheets lag far behind daybills in terms of popularity. I think Australian collectors tend to overlook one sheets and I often hear people say that they are only interested in daybills.
  • edited May 2019
    John said:
    Bruce said:
    Inserts are slightly more popular, likely because there are more places on more walls to hang them.

That's interesting Bruce because with Australian posters, I find that one sheets lag far behind daybills in terms of popularity. I think Australian collectors tend to overlook one sheets and I often hear people say that they are only interested in daybills.
    I completely agree, John. I think this is like the difference between British Quads and English one-sheets. I think that most Australian one-sheets and English one-sheets were sent to Canada and other English speaking countries, and that, back home, most Australian cinemas used daybills, and most English cinemas used quads, and that Australian and English collectors prefer posters like what they saw at theaters growing up.

And in America, after 1960 most theaters used one-sheets, and few used inserts or half-sheets, which would explain why most U.S. collectors prefer one-sheets for those movies.

Here is a handy checklist to help tell eMoviePoster.com apart from all other major auctions!
    HAS lifetime guarantees on every item - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS unrestored and unenhanced images - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS 100% honest condition descriptions - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS auctions where the winner is the higher of two real bidders - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "buyers premiums" - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "reserves or starts over $1 - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS hidden bidder IDs - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS no customer service to speak of - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "nosebleed" shipping charges - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS inadequate packaging - NOT eMoviePoster.com

• Bit over work at the moment.  Too friggen busy!  Bring on the long weekend.
  • Well I'm working just south of Sydney, away from home and I'm doing the Motel shuffle. So I got a question. Why the fark are they all still doing the blanket and sheets gig on the bed???
    Get into the frigging 21st century and do donnas!!!

• You said Motel... In the states you won't find down unless its a nice hotel.  Else you get to knitted blanket and sheet.
  • Oh how long are you up there?
  • Oh how long are you up there?
    Coming back next next Tuesday....not looking forward to the ten hour drive, but at least it'll be in the right direction.