Skip to content

August 2020

I got my Angels Back from resto!

Comments

• And picked up this IMAX Alita:
  • OH NICE!  Angels is stunning.
    I want the Dolby Alita...if anyone ever sees one come up!
  • Yeah Angels is a cracker!
  • edited August 2020
    Just landed.  Aussie OS for Ten Commandments.  Been a long time coming.

And you gotta love the artist copied the "Photos" credit
  • Great artwork. Congrats!

What's written on the lower right hand side above the red?
  • Photographs by Karsh, Ottawa...the aussie artist copied directly off the US including the credit, even though on the aussie they aren't photographs.  I wonder if it was an obligation of some kind...

• Hmmm interesting.
  • Oh I like that poster!!!
  • Keep your eye on emovieposter. Another Oz 1 sheet could be coming along sometime soon.

Peter
  • edited August 2020
    But I got one already now  :)  I needed this information over a month ago.
  • Congrats on the Angels Charlie!  I was wondering what happened to it after you posted it for sale a long while ago.  Looks great now!  Who did the work (if you feel like sharing ;) )?
  • Another one for the Price collection - very nice Ves

• Doing the happy dance down in Melbourne (at least a wee bit of light for us with these crazy numbers)
    The Man They Could Not Hang - Longford's final directorial outing.  Thanks MARK  <3
  • Congrats on the Angels Charlie!  I was wondering what happened to it after you posted it for sale a long while ago.  Looks great now!  Who did the work (if you feel like sharing ;) )?
    Fourth Cone. I sent them the summary from lamp and another expert (we all know) and they agreed to remove both stamps. The work on the hand is super impressive. 
  • edited August 2020

Doing the happy dance down in Melbourne (at least a wee bit of light for us with these crazy numbers)
    The Man They Could Not Hang - Longford's final directorial outing.  Thanks MARK  <3
                                                                                                                                                                                                   A rare treasure you have there Ves. Your Australian poster collection has rapidly increased  in numbers over the years, and has to be the most extensive gathering of Australian film posters in existance one would have to believe.   

• Oh shucks...stop it you!
  • Beautiful daybill that. Long ago I had the one sheet, another Melbourne collector has it now.

• Superb!  What collector?  I need names so I know what door to knock on...in future, any beautiful aussie paper you have, I am only a private message away :D
  • edited August 2020
     darolo said:
    Beautiful daybill that. Long ago I had the one sheet, another Melbourne collector has it now.

An indeed beautiful daybill and rare one sheet. Seems they had problems in officially naming the film

• HONDO said:
     darolo said:

Seems they had problems in officially naming the film

The film they could not name? :)
  • Good stuff Charlie and Ves! <3
  • edited August 2020
    OH NICE!  Angels is stunning.
    I want the Dolby Alita...if anyone ever sees one come up!
    @theartofmovieposters

I've been looking into this and the Dolby (digital poster) is the same as the advance but w/o the logo. Do you have an image of the one you are after Ves
  • Not a new acquisition, just using Paul's glass press flattening method (patent pending)

• Fark!  That's a stunner!
  • Fark!  That's a stunner!
    Wait till you see its companion! I'll flatten and photograph it tomorrow
  • 110x75 said:
    Fark!  That's a stunner!
    Wait till you see its companion! I'll flatten and photograph it tomorrow
     :o 
  • Here is what I believe to be the previous poster's color separation guide made by the litographer. The grill and the art are pencil 

• That is too cool! So it’s not original pencils or anything? Maybe it was a rough sketch of the art...
  • Ok that’s super duper awesome