Skip to content

Who Am I, And What More Famous Actor Or Actress Am I Related To Quiz ?

edited April 2021 in Trivia and Games

A new quiz that is a little different in format than the ones rhat I previously presented, and therefore could be much harder to answer. The two above people are actors and should be known well enough to be identified,  thus enabling one to be able to work out a more famous person that they are related to as well.

The above actress will possibly be harder to answer, as this glamorous younger image of her is likely to throw you off the scent a little. 

See how we go here, and this possibly may be a short lived quiz, but one never knows.

Comments

• edited April 2021

Deleted. Incorrectly entered here.

• Have the two actors, but fail to see any relationship connection.
  • jayn_j said:
    Have the two actors, but fail to see any relationship connection.
    They aren't connected to each other in any way. Is that what you referring to? 
  • I guess I need clarification on 'that they are related to

Worked together?  Met at a party?  Shared a second cousin?
  • jayn_j said:
    I guess I need clarification on 'that they are related to

Worked together?  Met at a party?  Shared a second cousin?

O.k. then, in the case of these two people a famous sister and daughter are whom they are related to. 
  • edited April 2021

This third 1944 image is of a singer / actress, who was in her hey day very well known, but most likely less remembered these days. She had a famous sister  who was also in showbusiness. Any idea who she and her sister are ?

•  Some clues for the three posted images.

1st image ) Best known for her role in a 1960's American television series still fondly remembered today.

2nd image) Appeared in a well regarded British horror film of the 1940s. 

3rd image ) Worked with the Marx Brothers in a film.
  • HONDO said:

Edith Macdonald, the older sister to Jeanette Macdonald
  • HONDO said:

Edith Macdonald, the older sister to Jeanette Macdonald

Correct. This is her birth name. She acted using the name of Marie Blake and later was credited as Blossom Rock.

Sisters ( L to R ) Elsie, Edith anf Jeanette MacDonald.     Edith billed as Blossom Rock played Grandmama in the T V series The Addams Family ( 1964 - 1966 ).
  • HONDO said:

This third 1944 image is of a singer / actress, who was in her hey day very well known, but most likely less remembered these days. She had a famous sister  who was also in showbusiness. Any idea who she and her sister are ?

Final clue is big band.

• Mervyn Johns...father of Glynis Johns
  • HONDO said:
    HONDO said:

Final clue is big band.
    Marion Hutton, sister of Betty

• Mervyn Johns...father of Glynis Johns
    Correct and well done.

Dead Of Night ( 1945 ) one of Mervyn John's better known films

A Christmas Carol ( aka Scrooge ) ( 1951 ). Mervyn Johns played Bob Cratchit, seen above with Alaister Sim as Ebenezer Scrooge.

Glynis Johns his daughter, who has a wonderful husky voice, is currently  97 years of age.
  • edited April 2021
    HONDO said:
    HONDO said:

Final clue is big band.
    Marion Hutton, sister of Betty
    Correct again Ves. Marion Hutton is probably best remembered for performing with the Glenn Miller Orchestra as a singer from 1938 to 1942. She also appeared in the Marx Brothers film Love Happy in 1949.

Marion's younger sister Betty Hutton.                                                                                                                                                                        
     ( Sitcomsonline.com )

Marion is seen here performing with her Sister Betty on the television series The Betty Hutton Show in the 1960s.

• edited April 2021
    Ok then.  I misunderstood the rules and was looking for a common relation for the first two images.  Totally frustrated me and I went away for a bit ?

How about this one then? The above actress didn't manage to gain the fame that her famous brother obtained. Do you know who she and her brother are?
  • Jeanne Cagney, sister of famous producer William Cagney.

Oh, you probably meant her other brother, that actor fella.
  • edited April 2021

jayn_j said:
    Jeanne Cagney, sister of famous producer William Cagney.

Oh, you probably meant her other brother, that actor fella.

# 4 is correct and good work in solving this one. Jeanne Cagney is shown above with Mickey Rooney in Quicksand ( 1950 ). She was the younger sister of James Cagney and they appeared together in four films. The films being Yankee Doodle Dandy ( 1942 ), The Time Of Your Life ( 1948 ), A Lion In The Streets ( 1953 ) and Man Of AThousand Faces ( 1957 ).

The Time Of Your Life and A Lion In The Streets films were produced by another older brother of hers in William Cagney, who was also an associate producer of Yankee Doodle Dandy. 

Jeanne Cagney never received the opportunities in motion pictures that were more than well-deserved to have been given to her during her film career..

•  # 5

The Mother of a famous actress.

# 6

Had a famous brother.
  • These seemed pretty straightforward, so I held back.

5 is Blythe Danner, mother of Gwenith Paltrow
  • jayn_j said:
    These seemed pretty straightforward, so I held back.

5 is Blythe Danner, mother of Gwenith Paltrow
     Correct.

Blythe Danner and Gwyneth Paltrow, seen above in Sylvia ( 2003 ) when they played mother and daughter together on screen. 

Blythe Danner Futureworld ( 1976 ) poster.
  • HONDO said:

# 6

Had a famous brother.
    Final clue is that this actress played the screen wife of Glenn Ford's character in a famous 1950's film.

• I mean, just look at her face.  The resemblance to her brother is very strong.
  • edited May 2021

I am surprised no one, except Jay, recognised who the actress featured in image number 6 is. The answer is Jocelyn Brando who is the older sister of Marlon Brando.                                                                                               

Jocelyn Brando in a scene from Fritz Lang's The Big Heat ( 1953 ), seen here with Glenn Ford.

Jocelyn and Marlon Brando relaxing between filming, on the set of The Ugly American ( 1963 ), in which they both acted together.

Jocelyn Brando and Randolph Scott in Ten Wanted Men ( 1955 ).               

• The final two for the time being. Any idea?

.  # 7   # 8
  • #8 - Ronald Howard, son of Leslie Howard (GWTW)

I'll leave #7 because the resemblance  to the famous relative caused me to initially pick the wrong one.
  • 7. Lana Wood, I have no idea who her famous sister could possibly be ;)
  • edited May 2021
    jayn_j said:
    #8 - Ronald Howard, son of Leslie Howard (GWTW)

Correct.

Ronald Howard ( 1918 - 1996 ). He appeared as Sherock Holmes in the  television series Sherlock Holmes ( aka the Adventures Of Sherlock Holmes ) ( 1954 -1955 ).

Ronald with his father Leslie in 1939.                                                                             An image from the film Weekend At Dunkitk ( 1964 )     

• 7. Lana Wood, I have no idea who her famous sister could possibly be ;)
    Correct.  :)

Elder sister Natalie Wood seen above with Lana.

Appearing with Sean Connery as James Bond in Diamonds Are Forever ( 1971 ) as Bond girl Plenty O'Toole.