Skip to content

The Horror Quiz

1252627282931»

Comments

• Oh my goodness!  I actually know one!
    243 The Old Dark House....see miracles do happen!
    Congratulations then, that's great. The Old Dark House was originally released way back in 1932.There was also a  comedy and horror William Castle  Hammer production remake released in 1963 as well.

• 242 Look really really familiar!
  • 242 Look really really familiar!
    O.k.then a clue for 242 is an Australian film with a Alfred Hitchcock connection.
  • Clue for 241.  Two faces there that you may recognise.
  • HONDO said:
    242 Look really really familiar!
    O.k.then a clue for 242 is an Australian film with a Alfred Hitchcock connection.
    I think I know the Hitchcock connection but not the film.

Peter
  • I think I know the Hitchcock connection but not the film.
    Keep looking then, and hopefully you will work it out..
  • edited July 2022

Final clues for # 242 is that this actress acted alongside many Hollywood greats including Barbara Stanwyck and Robert Mitchum. She also was a  major theatrical and Broadway actress over many decades.
  • Is 242 The Whisperers?

Here is a handy checklist to help tell eMoviePoster.com apart from all other major auctions!
    HAS lifetime guarantees on every item - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS unrestored and unenhanced images - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS 100% honest condition descriptions - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS auctions where the winner is the higher of two real bidders - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "buyers premiums" - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "reserves or starts over $1 - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS hidden bidder IDs - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS no customer service to speak of - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "nosebleed" shipping charges - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS inadequate packaging - NOT eMoviePoster.com

• Bruce said:
    Is 242 The Whisperers?
    Sadly no, but an excellent quess all the same. With the likeness, and the stage and Broadway connection I can certainly see why you guessed the way you did Bruce. 

An Australian born actress. long overseas, appearing in a 1970's Australian made film should now will provide one hopefully with enough information to supply the answer.
  • HONDO said:
    Clue for 241.  Two faces there that you may recognise.
     Final clue is that this actor appeared in fifteen films in a popular long running film series.

Final clue is this actor appears above in probably one of his best remembered films.

•  

Seeing 241 has apparently proved too difficult to answer, I will now reveal the film to be King Of the Zombies ( 1941 ), 

My clues were images of  Mantan Moreland who played Birmingham Brown in fifteen Charlie Chan Monogram series movies  between 1944 and 1949.   

The other image of John Archer is from  a memorable scene from White Heat ( 1949 ), when watching the final stages of James Cagney's character Cody Jattett's spectacular demise.

Regarding the other yet unanswered 242,  I really would like someone to be able to answer it. All the recapped  clues are -  an Australian film, Australian born actress, a  very well known supporting actress appearing in some classic Hollywood films, and a major theatrical and Broadway star.There is also two Alfred Hitchcock connections, one from the 1940's and one with this film. I will leave this one open for a little while longer hoping  someone will figure out the answer, so fingers crossed..
  • Is 242  Inn of the Damned (1975) with Dame Judith Anderson?

Peter
  • Is 242  Inn of the Damned (1975) with Dame Judith Anderson?
    Correct. It is indeed the answer and great that you got to figure it out. The Alfred Hitchcock clues referred to Judith Anderson playing Mrs. Danvers in Rebecca ( 1940 ), and also the Hitchcock reference on the Australian film posters. 

• The second Hitchcock reference threw me, I was thinking Richard Franklin who directed Psycho II.

Peter
  •    244  245

Two well known films to figure out.

• A clue for both Images 244 and 245 is that they have a strong connection.
  • Hammer movies?
  • Rick said:
    Hammer movies?
    One only is Hammer. You need to look elsewhere for the connection. 
  • HONDO said:

A clue for both Images 244 and 245 is that they have a strong connection.
    HONDO said:
    Rick said:
    Hammer movies?
    One only is Hammer. You need to look elsewhere for the connection. 
    Final clues are -

244 Japanese origin.

245 Musician, singer and songwriter.
  • sadly the clues don't help me

• HONDO said:
       244  245

Two well known films to figure out.
    Seeing these two image appear that they aren't going to be identified I will now reveal the answers

244 - Frankenstein Created Woman )  ( 1967 ) 

245 - The Bride ( 1985 ).
  • beat me!

•  246  247

Two more images to test your knowledge and skills.

# 246 clue is that the film has a multiple James Bond connection..

# 247 clue is that the film has a former child actor and also a former child model starring in this film.

• Final clue for 246 is that this film was the second entry in a series of horror films based on as classic. novel.

Final clue for 247 is Gothic

• As is certainly would appear that images 246 and 247, added to this thread eight days ago will not receive  any forthcoming answers. I will announce them now.

Answer for # 246 is Revenge of Frankenstein ( 1958 )

I had originally thought that the following earlier listed clues  would have assisted.

#  246 clue is that the film has a multiple James Bond connection.

Final clue for 246 is that this film was the second entry in a series of horror films based on as classic. novel.

Eunice Gayson appearing as Sylvia Trench in the first two James Bond films Dr .No ( 1962 ) and From Russia With Love ( 1963 ). This character didn't appear in any other James Bond films.

Answer for #247 is The Dunwich Horror ( 1970 ). Titled as Dunwich only  on the following Australian daybill poster image. 

# 247 clue is that the film has a former child actor and also a former child model starring in this film.

Final clue for 247 is Gothic

Dean Stockwell and Sandra Dee were the former child actor and also former child model referred to in the clues.

I'll now spell this quiz and shortly replace it with the return of the ''War Movies Quiz''. This by far has been my most popular quiz here on the forum. It certainly would appear that more members prefer war films than to horror films. In my own case this is definitely true.