Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

The Horror Quiz

1222324252628»

Comments

• CharlieCharlie Member, Administrator, Moderator, Game Master Posts: 6,227 admin
     HONDO said:

Your thoughts Charlie? Also thoughts from our non-Australian members would be appreciated as well.

Thanks for adopting me as an Australian... ;)

So basically a world poster match?  I like this idea.  Let's be more specific and setup a rotation.  For example Lawrence starts with a film and daybill and members post posters from their country against it.  I think a date range and genre would be good.  So Sven's idea of say 1930's crime would be a match.  We can either let the winner post the next film or do a rotation.  I would think we could just do posters, not necessarily posters in members collections.  After we get to 25 posters we call it and can start an new threads.  No new match threads until the first one is done.
    That second mouse in the bowl of cream we call life...
    www.movieposterworks.com  | MPW on Facebook
  • HONDOHONDO Member, Wizard of Aus Posters Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector
    I have started a new thread ''Daybills Vs. the World'' to get this idea off any running as it should be fun. Charlie's original idea, so please fill us in with what is decided that needs to be done. I am happy to provide more daybills in crime 1930's if required or happy if we rotate.
    Lawrence
    edited July 2017

218  219                                                                                                    The horror quiz is back, Name the two film titles.

Lawrence
  • MD2112MD2112 Member Posts: 15 ✭ Mexican Lobby Carder
    Not sure about the first but the one on the right is Communion/Alice Sweet Alice

Getting warm but not the correct answer. Same decade and only three years apart in release dates. Thought I would chuck in a clue. There is a connection with The Bad seed ( 1956 ). A bonus clue as well, making three clues all up.

Lawrence
    A clue for # 218 is that it has the male actor was not joking around this time. 
    Lawrence
  • theartofmovieposterstheartofmovieposters Member Posts: 3,966 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector

Cesar Romero?

I'm on it...

• theartofmovieposterstheartofmovieposters Member Posts: 3,966 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector
    TWO ON A GUILLOTINE - 1965
    HONDO said:
    A clue for # 218 is that it has the male actor was not joking around this time. 

Cesar Romero?

I'm on it...

TWO ON A GUILLOTINE - 1965

Correct Ves. My clue of course was the actor depicted in the scene, threatening lovely Connie Stevens, was Cesar Romero who played 'The Joker' in the Batman ( 1966-1968 ) TV series.

I hope everyone hasn't chucked it in trying to solve # 219. Something larger than usual about this film.

Lawrence
     HONDO said:

Getting warm but not the correct answer. Same decade and only three years apart in release dates. Thought I would chuck in a clue. There is a connection with The Bad seed ( 1956 ). A bonus clue as well, making three clues all up.

I hope everyone hasn't chucked it in trying to solve # 219. Something larger than usual about this film.    

What else can I say ?

Lawrence
    edited July 2017

O.k. the time has come to reveal that the answer to # 219 is Tourist Trap ( 1979 ). The image provided earlier was of Chuck Connors in doll drag.

Clues I gave were ''thought I would chuck in a clue''', '' I hope everyone hasn't chucked it in trying to solve # 219'' & '' something larger than usual about this film''. The last clue referred to Connor's height being  6 foot 5 inches ( sometimes listed as 6'6' and also 6'51/2'' as well. Previous incorrect answer Communion / Alice Sweet Alice was released in 1976, hence my comment of ''same decade and only three years apart in release dates. Finally my clue of ''there is a connection with The Bad Seed'' refers to the lead actress in Tourist Trap Jocelyn Jones, who's father was character actor Henry Jones, appeared in The Bad Seed ( 1956 ). Chuck Connors and Jocelyn Jones are shown above in a scene from Tourist Trap.

Post edited by HONDO on
    Lawrence

Name the two film titles.

Lawrence
  • PanchoPancho Member Posts: 581 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    Pancho said:
    #220 - Don't Look Now?

Correct. Don't Look Now from 1973 was a creepy film, and in it's day a very sexy one.

Lawrence

Clue for # 221 is that this film is a loose remake of a 1940's film made by the same company.

Lawrence

HONDO said:

Clue for # 221 is that this film is a loose remake of a 1940's film made by the same company.

There is also a nutty connection.

Lawrence
  • PanchoPancho Member Posts: 581 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    Pancho said:
    #221 - The Mad Room

lHONDO said:
    HONDO said:

There is also a nutty connection.

Correct - # 221 is The Mad Room ( 1969 ), a remake of Ladies In Retirement ( 1941 ). The 'nutty' clue referred to the star of The Mad Room, Stella Stevens having appeared in the original Jerry Lewis version of The Nutty Professor.

Time to spell this old warhorse for a while, and down the track soon a favorite among my quizzes will return from a long spell.

Lawrence