Skip to content

August 2018

Comments

• jayn_j said:
    Kinda tooo excited to wait for it to arrive.  Spent way too much at heritage last weekend:

First release half sheet

Moderately impressive ;) - but wouldn't you prefer this?

• I work on that stuff all week.  Want to escape come Saturday.

But I must say that is impressive
  • Like the Simple Favor.  The pair framed would be nice!

LOVE Tiger Woman :)
  • Nice stuff ves 
  • A possible acquisition tomorrow, however I'm assuming its trimmed? any ideas folks as I can't seen to find another to compare.

No dimensions, just lack of printer info and cropped text. 

Navy Blues 1941

• Definitely a trimmed poster. Good news is that is wasn't originally a long daybill 13' x 40' daybill as this size ceased being printed in this format in Australia in 1941. As this film was released in Australia in 1942 Navy Blues has to be a trimmed 13'' x 30'' poster, which is a pity.
  • Thanks Lawrence, I thought that was the case, certainly a pity as it's actually a nice image of the dancer in comparison to the US versions. 
  • But on the bright side its a pretty poster with just the borders missing...look at the glass being half full rather than empty :)
  • But on the bright side its a pretty poster with just the borders missing...look at the glass being half full rather than empty :)
    Fair point Ves. 
    Fair point Ves. 

It may also be the only surviving daybill poster for this title.
  • Glass getting fuller :D
  • HONDO said:
    But on the bright side its a pretty poster with just the borders missing...look at the glass being half full rather than empty :)
    Fair point Ves. 

It may also be the only surviving daybill poster for this title.
    If that's the case, and price is right...borders....you don't need no stinking borders....it'd look great backed & framed! 
  • Finally snared one of these before the prices got 'too' silly (not the one from HA or eBay the other day) and with that my Star Wars poster collecting (post linen backing) is over. Got all the one sheets, Daybills, Quads and 3 sheets I ever wanted. Time to focus on much earlier materiel.

• Artwork, color and condition are super!
  • Artwork, color and condition are super!
    Just some blue tac marks to cover when backed. It's off to Studio C with the Psycho next week. 
  • Sweet poster Wil, I think I've nearly sold all my Star Wars posters except for ESB one sheet. It's a keeper.
  • Matt said:
    Sweet poster Wil, I think I've nearly sold all my Star Wars posters except for ESB one sheet. It's a keeper.
    It sure is Matt. I sold the daybill some years ago, rather have this artwork on a larger scale. Now if only there was an Aussie 3 Sheet ;) 
  • Fantastic Will!  A must! 

I purchased my ESB on an ebay auction around 2 years ago. They had it listed as "movie poster" with no reference to star wars or empire strikes back. No wonder it did not get many bidders. It was my mini version of what happened to ricks Dial M! 
  • Sven said:
    Fantastic Will!  A must! 

I purchased my ESB on an ebay auction around 2 years ago. They had it listed as "movie poster" with no reference to star wars or empire strikes back. No wonder it did not get many bidders. It was my mini version of what happened to ricks Dial M! 
    Lucky man Sven, I've got a feeling didn't get as good a deal as you then ;) 

not quiet 4 figures (in NZD) but not far off.
  • Sven said:
    Fantastic Will!  A must! 

Lucky man Sven, I've got a feeling didn't get as good a deal as you then ;) 

not quiet 4 figures (in NZD) but not far off.

We all get bargains one shape or form! Its gods way of thanking us for paying high prices for the rest of our collection! 

And this  ESB is sure to keep growing in value.
    Hey congrats on finishing you star wars collection. Massive achievement  bro!!!
  • Congrats Wil, even though it is start wars :)  Just kidding...
    And no need to focus on the early ones...really.  I don't need more competition!

• Great TESB poster, I think that one has the best artwork.
  • Thanks all, I nearly got that 'Yesterday's Wife' 6 Sheet on EMP the other day Ves, sadly I miscalculated the end of the auction! It appeared to be the same example that sold a couple of years ago, I'm guessing the backing/restoration costs put them off keeping it, so maybe a good thing I lost it.

http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/archiveitem/15377070.html
  • You cannot beat those early silent era poster.  They are just stunning, but then I am biased :)
  • I’m late to the party as always, but that’s a fantastic ESB poster! As has already been mentioned, the colors are WOW, and seemingly un-star wars-y for a movie poster. Many of the others are dullsville. Excellent score!
  • edited August 2018
    Thanks Rock, A few of them were certainly dullsville (the Jedi single blue lightsaber style A springs to mind), others however (particularly the Quads) were pretty darn good.  :)

• Love the display Will! 

Well to continue the star wars run,  my quad arrived yesterday. This one is for the wall :) 

Its been a while since I've made a purchase and am happy to tick this off the list! 

Sorry daybill lovers, can't tantalise you this time! 

• Congrats Sven!
  • Love it Sven!! Makes my post oscars look bad'