Skip to content

Does anyone else hide their poster collection obsession???

My immediate family is probably the only people (and you guys) that know how many posters I have.  Do you ever not want to share you hobby with old friends and other family?

Comments

• No, all my friends and work colleagues know of mine. I always want to share with people what I have as in the past I've been given posters, or leads to someone who has some for sale, so it's worked out great for me in the past. 
  • Everyone who is a friend knows I collect, if you are a passing associate probably not because these things don't come up in business conversation, of course anyone who visits the home knows...hard to miss.
  • My therapist knows all about it
  • I only tell the hookers.
  • LOL! Good one!
  • My immediate family knows the extent, in-laws know its a hobby but not quantity or $ amt. Dont really share unless asked. VMPF is the place to share without fear of ridicule...most of the time... :-w
  • Yes, most people don't quite 'get' collecting movie posters as a hobby...until they see them framed and up on the walls, then most go 'wow'

Of course we're lucky because in our house Cleopatra at the front door usually stops them in their tracks.
  • I showed my wife the Cleo when I saw it on your photobucket!
  • The poster closet is not in my DNA. I prefer the ridicule. 
  • Zorba said:

The poster closet is not in my DNA. I prefer the ridicule. 

=))
  • We had a deal. I don't talk about my posters they don't talk to me about their latest handbag. Boyfriends and other gossip is ok.
  • Mirosae said:

We had a deal. I don't talk about my posters they don't talk to me about their latest handbag.

Boyfriends and other gossip is ok.

What about Shoes?
  • Ha ha. Never about shoes!!.. :^o
  • Out and proud. 

Everyone knows...they are all over the house anyway, and the front room which is my study/poster horde is hard to miss also, as they are piled up all over the place.

• I don't hide it from no one. They all think it is a cool hobby. I always get complimented on my pieces on the walls. I figure if they don't like it they can go f@$% themselves. My money and I will spend it on what I want lol.
  • edited February 2015
    Randy, you don't have to misspell feck, we (automatically) do it for you, we try and keep it seemly here.

fuck

See! 
    :D
  • Out and proud. 

BINGO!
  • edited February 2015
    fuck hehehehe  =))
    What about the other bad words. Looks like it slipped through your censory lol
  • rdavey26 said:

fuck hehehehe  =))

What about the other bad words. Looks like it slipped through your censory lol
    A few choice ones are censored...remember that world famous lawyer poster collector? It's a swear word here - go on, try

:D
  • I actually wished I had kept it secret last week. Some friends saw my posters and  kept telling me I was (blah, blah) spending my time and money on this hobby. Guess not everyone feels the luv
  • Hope you told them where to go...
  • 'Friends' said that?

Meh, best thing about any hobby is there is always more than one of you - well not always: http://vintagemoviepostersforum.com/discussion/777/wtf-you-collect-movie-posters-yeah-check-out-these-collectors
  • Paul said:

Hope you told them where to go...

They should go to a Bogart film festival.

I have friends who talk dumb too...Their problem not mine.

We are the evolved of the species :)