Skip to content

Official Rules (Simplified)

Comments

• A no limit final could also mean the one with the deepest pockets will win..  So it may as well be anything goes.
  • Paul said:

What about Double bills as I have hundreds..Do I just take a pic of the side concerned, or are they banned?

Nah, advantage Waines....
  • Paul said:

A no limit final could also mean the one with the deepest pockets will win..  So it may as well be anything goes.

OK... What limit should we set to keep everyone from feeling like the deep pockets would have it in the final?  I don't want to discourage people whom couldn't ultimately compete with 6 $1000+ posters...  Maybe put a tapered value on the last four rounds:

In addition to category you can only post four posters with the following limitations:

Only 1 X >$1000
    Only 1 up to $1000
    Only 1 up to $500
    Only 1 up to $100

• I'll have to work on that tapered structure, but first.... Pizza!
  • edited February 2015
    Value is going to be too hard, what you paid and what I might think it is worth might make it difficult. Let it be about the poster, there are some who hate the BAT and its dot design, so they wouldn't vote for that even if it is worth more than my Pretty Woman (but only just).
  • Yeah it is a bit complex, I agree.
  • edited February 2015
    I agree that $'s may give some an advantage over others, but IMHO, my Bombay Clipper which cost me about $250 can compete with a North/northwest one sheet at over $750. A tapered pricing structure though, would make the contestants search for suitable posters in each price range-make it more interesting...
  • Paying more for a poster does not necessarily make it a better or more pleasing poster unless your name is Mel
  • edited February 2015
    Ok no value restrictions then...  Steve said he wasn't going to play anyway.
  • CSM said:

I'll play...didn't read the rules but always enjoy a chance to ruin something (like a poker game)

That't the spirit!!
    :D
  • Ok looks like there are no more comments... One item I thought about was film year vs. poster year. We shall stick to the year a film first was shown or the widely accepted year (imdb date) for the time period category... So if a film came was first shown in 1960 even though you have an 80s rr that is a 1960s poster.
  • I will play. How do I register??
  • Well hell never mind it looks like I am a little late

• I got to say, I think there's too many threads to this, can Charlie just put it all into two?  The rules etc in one, and the actual game in another. 
  • Ok so I've closed two of the threads making it just the rules thread, the sign up thread, and the voting example that are active...
  • Also refer to the Forum Category page if you really get lost...

• edited February 2015
    OK I have tried to make the rules a bit more clear/simplified.  Basically, just submit your posters and wait for the beat down.   >:/
  • So, a Beat Down is not the same as a Face Off...or a Beat Off for that matter?

You Americans and the games you play... 
    =))
  • David said:

So, a Beat Down is not the same as a Face Off...or a Beat Off for that matter?

=))

=)) The games we play. I could only imagine what the land down under calls it  :))

• rdavey26 said:

David said:

So, a Beat Down is not the same as a Face Off...or a Beat Off for that matter?

=))

=)) The games we play. I could only imagine what the land down under calls it  :))
    Where women glow and men plunder? 
  • David said:

You Americans and the games you play...  =))

• edited February 2015
    Are the rules really that complicated.  Are the American's the only country that plays tournaments???  My seven year old's softball tourney's are run the same way.  Bracket +game rules...

Anyone else want to give me some tips?  I keep getting comments about the complexity of the rules.
  • We should all gather in a neutral spot with one of these each.

• Bring your collection, winner take all???

• I'm not sure this thread is going in the right direction...rules seem simple to me... :-?
  • Charlie said:

Bring your collection, winner take all???

Could be. Highlander style.
    ;)
  • Seem simple to me - who's the idiot who doesn't understand them? O:-)