Skip to content

When nobody wants to post thread....

Comments

• Sarcasm?

Seemed like a fun day to me...
  • I'm paying someone else to service my car today....gone are those days of me cursing and swearing with overalls on.
  • Matt said:
    I'm paying someone else to service my car today....gone are those days of me cursing and swearing with overalls on.
    Agree with that, it's been some 35 years years since I worked on a car and probably at least 10 years since I actually have ever looked under the hood/bonnet

Wait. Overalls?

• BMW drivers manual maintenance. Step 1 

• Looks like a newbie BMW owner...so much effort - why lift the bonnet?
  • edited April 2015
    My first car (not actual image):

My second car (not actual image - mine was green, but did have the sun visor)

My 3rd and 4th car (not actual image - probably got a pic of these ones somewhere)

Yay...then I started to get classy (not actual car)

• edited April 2015

1st car was 1967 850 Mini

2nd 1972 Corolla KE20 2 door sedan.

3rd 1967 Ford Falcon Sedan Super Pursuit 200

like this

David edit: Image missing

• edited April 2015
    Mini...rust buckets, but cheap and great to drive, hard.

Yep, back in those early days of I never owned a car that was from the same decade I was in until I had a rep's car, a Mitsubishi Sigma Stationwagon, of which I had two over the following 7 years, great work horses great to drive, they were then followed by a Commodore VT Stationwagon...before I became 'management' and moved up to Ford Fairmonts.
  • Just got the phone call from the mechanic, you car is ready to be picked up, there's just one thing...............
  • They want to be paid first or did it have an engine when you dropped it off?
  • Wrong on both counts, transmission needs a service.......fuck it just do it! :((
  • Oh not nice. Not a great way to have a week off.
  • Actually it's not too bad. Minor service, 4 new tyres, wheel balance and alignment and transmission service. US$655.54   :D
  • US? Would it not have been cheaper to get it fixed in Australia?
  • That's where all our cars will made in the future, there and China....so that's where we'll get them serviced...right?

• Good point.
  • My First Car was a 1983 GMC S15 PickUp

• Texan with a PickUp

I mean, what are the odds? 
    :D
  • Needs more shotgun
  • Much better
  • edited April 2015
    Starting to feel the cold and darkness here in Melbourne but still keeping the Australian dream alive by firing up the BBQ, burgers , lamb skewers , chicken skewers...washing down with beer >:D<
  • Nice one Sven! :D
  • Sven said:
    Starting to feel the cold and darkness here in Melbourne but still keeping the Australian dream alive by firing up the BBQ, burgers , lamb skewers , chicken skewers...washing down with beer >:D<

Sounds great! May have to fire up some coals tonight as well! Beer of choice?... ;)
  • Sven said:

Sounds great! May have to fire up some coals tonight as well! Beer of choice?... ;)
    Local brew I've been hooked on..from mildura, Stefanos pilsner...tastes crisp and more towards a larger than pilsner ...goes down too easy ! >:D<
  • edited April 2015
    I was supposed to go for my run this morning but my knee was aching. The blonde girl on CNBC is really annoying. I need some coffee. 

...I better get back to work. Later.
  • edited April 2015
    Wow..Insane..Insaner...holy fuck!

• I have a cold, what's your favourite remedy? ~O)
  • edited April 2015

Heaped teaspoon honey and squeezed lemon in hot water a  few times a day..

For night time, can't go past some drugs! Coldrel Nightimes tablets or Drixine (for really bad congestion - works amazing and clears block nose/congestion for 12 hours)

Doctors orders Matt...day off and spend time with your posters

:D

Get better mate!

• Thanks mate!