Skip to content

When nobody wants to post thread....

Comments

• Matt said:
    I have a cold, what's your favourite remedy? ~O)
    Waiting...because no drugs yet invented can fix Man 'Flu!
  • Me and my fellow social riders are heading to Melbourne in October, to ride around the Bay...210KM

• You going clockwise or anti-clockwise?
  • edited April 2015
    Matt said:
    You going clockwise or anti-clockwise?

LOL!!! :)) oops...just looked at the map closer...guess counter-clockwise is out right now... :D
  • Matt said:
    You going clockwise or anti-clockwise?
    Anti-clockwise. Get the bridge out of the way early, avoid the wind...
  • Good points!
  • Good luck David! winds around the bay are a tough one for cyclists, then add the KMs on top..
  • I have found the perfect back work out.  It all started about three months ago when I took up tennis again.  After playing twice a week or so for the last three months I feel like I am stronger than ever.  I was able to play four rounds of golf and hit the range twice in the last 7 days and no real back pain... Some soreness of course but none of the pain that use to worry me! First time I've been able to play so much since my back surgery about 3 years ago...  Snuck in another 4 hours of tennis to keep working the muscle groups; I am guessing legs and core...
  • You're a machine Charlie!
  • Sven said:
    Good luck David! winds around the bay are a tough one for cyclists, then add the KMs on top..
    Cheers. I'm from Melbourne, although not ridden round the bay have ridden to Sorrento a few times, and of course to and fro' Frankston plenty so ever hopeful the wind is traditional, quiet early and then a southerly late morning to be up my backside for the run home.
  • Ordered The enemy below online....can't wait to watch!
  • Nothing real special but it's classic.
  • Matt said:
    Nothing real special but it's classic.
    I've just cancelled the online order
  • Bunch of funny buggers. :))
  • Rainy day in Melbourne, visited an antique shop that sells movie posters. Not much there, long been plundered. 

There was a framed Cat Creeps Australian one sheet from 1947, framed, looked to be loose but can't tell for sure. Would be worthy of restoration.

Took a few pics.

• Nice posters, how much did they want for the Death/Doses? We've had some rain yesterday, more tomorrow-was going to try to back another HS, we'll see how much wind/rain we get.
  • Of note- 7 months ago my Aussie film poster knowledge was practically zero. In the last month it has expanded quite a bit! Thanks to Hondo & Co! Appreciate the passion! \m/
  • Nice posters, how much did they want for the Death/Doses? We've had some rain yesterday, more tomorrow-was going to try to back another HS, we'll see how much wind/rain we get.

..either $20 or $30 from memory. Cat Creeps framed was $180.

I had noticed you were a bit quiet with you linen backing thread, hope all is well! :)
  • Cat Creeps - I'll take it!

Next time can you set your camera phone up on a tripod - the shaking is a bit much really. 
  • So I just came back from this little antique shop that sells posters and grabbed this one.image

Wait a sec.....................................Sven call me next time you go. LOL!

• Sven said:

I had noticed you were a bit quiet with you linen backing thread, hope all is well! :)

20-30 not bad-although I haven't priced it...nice images...yeah, all is well, i usually only get time on the weekends to work with my posters-I made a half sheet frame & another OS frame & put canvas on both. If no heavy rain/winds will get one done. Been reading a lot about paper fills, paints, pencils, restoration next up. Now that will be a lot of learning! :D
  • Matt said:

So I just came back from this little antique shop that sells posters and grabbed this one.image

Wait a sec.....................................Sven call me next time you go. LOL!

Amazing Matt! For sure mate we can grab a coffee...now that u have cleaned up the good stuff we can pick up some Chuck Norris daybills ;) Great daybill, would have snagged it if Jimmy was on it!!
  • David said:
    Cat Creeps - I'll take it!

Next time can you set your camera phone up on a tripod - the shaking is a bit much really. 
    Better ask Matt, last person at the scene ...gawd knows how I would have farked it up removing it from the frame
  • Sven said:

20-30 not bad-although I haven't priced it...nice images...yeah, all is well, i usually only get time on the weekends to work with my posters-I made a half sheet frame & another OS frame & put canvas on both. If no heavy rain/winds will get one done. Been reading a lot about paper fills, paints, pencils, restoration next up. Now that will be a lot of learning! :D Restoration .. getting into the fun stuff!!
  • Matt said:

So I just came back from this little antique shop that sells posters and grabbed this one.image

Great stuff! ;)
  • edited April 2015
    David said:
    Cat Creeps - I'll take it!

I shook! Was a bit suprised to see it...for a second thought it was Cat People.. Maaaaaaattttttttt ?
  • Sven said:
    Amazing Matt! For sure mate we can grab a coffee...now that u have cleaned up the good stuff we can pick up some Chuck Norris daybills ;) Great daybill, would have snagged it if Jimmy was on it!!
    You were probably walking out as I walked in. Next time we'll be more organised lol.