Skip to content

When nobody wants to post thread....

Comments

• Why you no buy Cat Creeps?  Silly Aussies with Aussie paper for sale in actual brick & mortar buildings!
  • Of note- 7 months ago my Aussie film poster knowledge was practically zero. In the last month it has expanded quite a bit! Thanks to Hondo & Co! Appreciate the passion! \m/

Thanks for your kind comments and  yes I am passionate about Australian film history and posters, particually daybills.

Hondo

• CSM said:
    Why you no buy Cat Creeps?  Silly Aussies with Aussie paper for sale in actual brick & mortar buildings!
    It didn't fire me up to be honest, but now you're getting me emotional Chris, poor thing want's to be rescued and restored. but if that's glued to a board, then what's the point? Any way to tell if it is or is not ?
  • Yeah, I did look like it had some water marks throughout the poster.

• Sven said:
    CSM said:
    Why you no buy Cat Creeps?  Silly Aussies with Aussie paper for sale in actual brick & mortar buildings!
    It didn't fire me up to be honest, but now you're getting me emotional Chris, poor thing want's to be rescued and restored. but if that's glued to a board, then what's the point? Any way to tell if it is or is not ?
    If the seller really wants to sell have them open the frame.  Then make a reasonable offer based on what you find...
  • @Chris, fair call, pity we don't have Studio M down here in Melbourne. If it's glued that would be some postage flat packing that to Sydney.

@Matt Yeah lots of water marks throughout the poster, so you think that means the bugger is glued down? 
  • Chris, it's medium sized antique market co-op where there are 30 odd stalls and about 3 staff, so the owner is never there basically.

@Sven The frame looks pretty old, so my guess is that the edges are probably glued not taped and that the water stains have come from condensation inside the frame over the years. 

• Yvonne and I are off to a local Antiques fair this morning, and I'll bet there's no posters, never is.

You guys are lucky there's something like that close by..

Oh, and send me that Cat Creeps, if it's water stained it's most likely not glued down....
  • Ahem...I did say
    David said:
    Cat Creeps - I'll take it!

• edited April 2015
    You did, but you never said Bogs Eyes it.
  • Oh, and the Antique fair... full of over priced old tat. 
  • Paul said:
    You did, but you never said Bogs Eyes it.
    On the inside I did
  • Matt said:

Chris, it's medium sized antique market co-op where there are 30 odd stalls and about 3 staff, so the owner is never there basically.

I see...still a great looking poster in my opinion
  • edited April 2015
    Matt said:

Chris, it's medium sized antique market co-op where there are 30 odd stalls and about 3 staff, so the owner is never there basically.

Then steal all his shit in his absence!!!
    >:)
  • 110x75 said:
    Matt said:

Then steal all his shit in his absence!!!
    >:)
    Well I DID consider posting my true thoughts as well ;)
  • Great minds think alike!
  • Small minds never differ!

8-}
  • The UK General elections are driving my insane. No idea who will win.  4 different poll results in 1 day.

Just sharing my frustration with the world and you - off to buy me some new shoes now - hehehe
  • The UK is a democracy?
  • Charlie said:
    The UK is a democracy?
    One Queen to rule them All
  • I'd like that Death in Small Doses.
  • So I played night golf on a lighted course tonight.  That and free alcohol is not a good combination.  We almost got into a fight with the group ahead of us because we kept hitting into them.  It was a blast!

Picked up a used driver (last year titleist model 910D3) for $60 and smoked it all afternoon.  But then I got pissed and snapped my wedge over my knee.  I've had this shank chip thing going on.  Full shots are fine but anything within a 100 yards I shank.  Well I won't be shanking that club anymore! ha!
  • Wedges, who needs 'em, the short game is overrated anyways...

;)
  • At the movies I hate to say it but it looks like printed paper is on the way out. Not a single poster displayed; they were displaying the posters on several digital panels that rotated the images. Only thing paper was the standees.

• Sven said:
    At the movies I hate to say it but it looks like printed paper is on the way out. Not a single poster displayed; they were displaying the posters on several digital panels that rotated the images. Only thing paper was the standees.

Still in Australia but limited usage.

Hondo

• Where was this Sven?
  • Village south Yarra (Melbourne Australia) I walked to the other foyer and there were still some light boxes, but not as many. Got some pictures , will share in morning
  • Interesting...paper's everywhere here in US. Although we're not exactly known for our conservation... ;)
  • Tis getting less in the UK, not sure how long paper here will last out....Or even Cinemas for that.