Skip to content

When nobody wants to post thread....

Comments

• Paul said:
    Tis getting less in the UK, not sure how long paper here will last out....Or even Cinemas for that.
    Interesting thought. 

Cinemas probably have to reivent themselves again.
  • Available at Heritage Auctions (Signature Auction July 2085)

• Different.
  • edited May 2015
    This is just plain silly:

"Taylor Swift has been named one of the most powerful women in the world after making her first entrance in Forbes' World's Most Powerful Women list this year."

• I dunno, maybe she is just really buff now?!?
  • I dunno, maybe she is just really buff now?!?
    Been training with Kanye clearly
  • I said buff not buffoon...sorry couldn't resist.

Not that I know the man, I'm sure he's a real sweetheart but sheesh, has anyone been more up their own backside in love with themselves?!?

• Just his wife with herself!
  • Sheesh!  And people look up to her as a role model!

I feel sorry for their child....

• 9th wedding anniversary tonight...  She got a set of golf clubs and she let me get drunk and smoke my pipe...  Fair trade as far as I am concerned...
  • =))

Congrats
  • Charlie said:
    9th wedding anniversary tonight...  She got a set of golf clubs and she let me get drunk and smoke my pipe...  Fair trade as far as I am concerned...

Ahhh the wonderful give & take of a sensible marriage! Congrats on 9 years...just was well, the nine yesr gifts are pottery & leather! :D
  • I think you splurged too much on 9 years - how are you ever going to top it for the 10th?
  • Congratulations...sounds so romantic...we hit 9 years this year too...we both pretty much forgot about it!

See what kids does to you!

• edited May 2015
    Golf clubs....Great idea for a gift if you need the misses out of the way for a few hours, now and then.... ;)
  • Tiger Woods would probably caution any of you guys planning on having an affair with gifting golf clubs

• Well technically it was his golf club...  My theory is she is less likely to hit my car if they are hers.  :-B
  • So people actually use the "like", "dislike", "lol" stuff... I never checked mine before.  I feel a revenge wave building off the coast...  >:)
  • Charlie said:
    So people actually use the "like", "dislike", "lol" stuff... I never checked mine before.  I feel a revenge wave building off the coast...  >:)
    Don't read to much into it - you also have 9x 'Insightfuls' 

:D
  • The wait is, OVER! American Pharaoh wins the Triple Crown!!! Great race by a great horse!!!
  • Cool! Mark Is the triple crown considered the USAs premiere race? Did you back it? I wonder if USA and Australia have similar race type...here we broadly have weight for age and handicaps by bandings, ages and sex of the horse. Gotta love a good horse! Black Cavier is a recent example of a great sprinter that won the hearts of the public.
  • Well the Triple Crown is the 3,major races we have for 3-yr olds. 1st the Kentucky Derby, 2nd the Preakness (shortest) last the Belmont Stakes (the longest at 1 1/2 mile, with the deepest track soil). Back it? Yeah, the jockey rode it great! Turned him on in the last 1/4 mile! Very exciting!!! And I happen to be in Kentucky for work and it was great stuff!
  • Well the Triple Crown is the 3,major races we have for 3-yr olds. 1st the Kentucky Derby, 2nd the Preakness (shortest) last the Belmont Stakes (the longest at 1 1/2 mile, with the deepest track soil). Back it? Yeah, the jockey rode it great! Turned him on in the last 1/4 mile! Very exciting!!! And I happen to be in Kentucky for work and it was Exciting! Love when the horse kicks , paticuarly when there is limited opportunity to find a gap! Back it or have a punt...i mean did you bet on the horse ?
  • Yeah Victor Espinoza ride him perfectly. He lead wire to wire and won by 5 1/2 lengths. It was a great race! It was worth the 37 year wait! <:-P
  • edited June 2015
    I am not a horsey man, but I know certain races have an international aura - (Melbourne Cup is an amazing day out), certainly the Triple Crown is well known as one of the most difficult - I looked it up - 1978 was the last time it was won, so a real long time between drinks!
  • Just watched the race on youtube, nice ride , looked comfotable the whole way, whilst others had to work, so plenty of fuel in the tank for the last furlong. It reminds me of So You Thinks win in the Cox plate when he wanted to lead the whole way yet had plenty left. =D>
  • Sven said:
    Cool! Mark Is the triple crown considered the USAs premiere race?
    No...the Indy 500 is ;)
  • Thought you might like these David - Do you know what year they are from ? image

• I'd love those - specially the Snow White, it's fabulous!

Peter Pan is original, I've not seen the Snow White before but without checking I'd guess it would be the first re-release circa 1942/43