Skip to content

When nobody wants to post thread....

Comments

• Nice story, Matt. Thanks for sharing. 

"In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." 
    -Thomas Jefferson-
  • I've uploaded some of the missing pics I added to the Where are these daybills thread?  If anyone wants photos I've added in the past which are now lost to any other threads...comment and bring them to the top and I will do my best...
  • I've uploaded some of the missing pics I added to the Where are these daybills thread?  If anyone wants photos I've added in the past which are now lost to any other threads...comment and bring them to the top and I will do my best...
    Good one Ves.
  • Nice.  I think the style C is the nicest of the paper.  Most is too busy.  I have the R62 half sheet and about half of the lobbies.

I like the Hirschfield art on the RR HS

• Maybe not an AF joke! The Elliott 405 was the real deal. 55.5K likes on Reddit in 4 hours.
  • Not sure what the joke is, or what is special here.  We use COTS processor modules about that size in many of our aircraft certified instrument designs.  Not this one, but similar units which are MIL and FAA certified.
    https://www.xes-inc.com/products/processor-mezzanines/xpedite8150/
  • ARGH!  Dagnabit!
    I'm looking for one particular poster and can't friggen find it!
    But then found a whole bunch of stuff I thought I didn't have anymore, but turns out was in the wrong tub!

ARGH!!!!!!!

And I still can't find that ONE poster!
  • edited April 2018
    WOO HOO!  I found it!  As the cobwebs cleared from my swiss cheese brain, I managed to wrangle it from it's sleep, buried under a crapload of other posters!

•  Nice poster and a great film. After all the hassle you went through you not only found the poster you were looking for, but you located '' a whole bunch of stuff" you had thought you didn't have anymore. I'd say you ended up a winner.

• Great excavation work Ves!  ;)
  • hehe...1 closer to be organised and ready to go!
  • You know what you shouldn't do on a Sunday morning?
    Plug in "Australian" to Heritage's past sales and realise how many friggen great posters you missed out on while you were busy with babies!
    Plug in "Australian" to Heritage's past sales and realise how many friggen great posters you missed out on while you were busy with babies!

Think of all the nice unseen daybills to come! You'l be ready!

• Signs your collection is reaching the depressing saturation stage:

1) Anticipating eMovie's latest foreign paper auction for days - "come on calendar get to Thursday..."

2) Clicking on the auction link - "Woooooo here we go!"

3) Noticing 554 (!) Australian posters - "YES! YES! YES!" (while greedily rubbing hands together and laughing diabolically)

4) Start to scroll through the listings and audibly thinking "come on, come on where are the beauties I need - WTF is going on here?!"

5) Getting to page 8 and trying to push aside the utter despair that begins to creep into your thoughts as the realization slowly begins to sink in that there may be NOTHING here for you...

6) Maintaining some semblance of hope and perseverance to reach the last page 14 of listings only to, with increasing ferocity, begin slamming your fist on the desk in confusion.  Then, in a frenzy, going to back to the beginning to click wildly through each page (that your eyes clearly must have deceived you on previously!) --- before completing the cycle once again and finally accepting your futile fate that you are reaching Daybill Armageddon  :s  
  • Condolences.  I identify with the frustration.
  • edited May 2018
    @CSM_2_Point_0 .       

Deja Vu! I am such an early daybill collector and i only noticed about ten that i would like to add to my collection.

There were several Richardson's that i'll watch. But yes, i imagine an experience DB collector would have experienced similar frustrations....
  • edited May 2018
    Signs your collection is reaching the depressing saturation stage:

1) Anticipating eMovie's latest foreign paper auction for days - "come on calendar get to Thursday..."

3) Noticing 554 (!) Australian posters - "YES! YES! YES!" (while greedily rubbing hands together and laughing diabolically)

4) Start to scroll through the listings and audibly thinking "come on, come on where are the beauties I need - WTF is going on here?!"

5) Getting to page 8 and trying to push aside the utter despair that begins to creep into your thoughts as the realization slowly begins to sink in that there may be NOTHING here for you...

6) Maintaining some semblance of hope and perseverance to reach the last page 14 of listings only to, with increasing ferocity, begin slamming your fist on the desk in confusion.  Then, in a frenzy, going to back to the beginning to click wildly through each page (that your eyes clearly must have deceived you on previously!) --- before completing the cycle once again and finally accepting your futile fate that you are reaching Daybill Armageddon  :s  

You daybill junky! You could sort by title / Australian, then limit yourself to 2 pages per day :)

Or you could do what I did to get a fix and buy a Day the Earth Stood Still French Grande! Need to sell it so I can put that towards a daybill that might not come up for sale.
  • edited May 2018
    Signs your collection is reaching the depressing saturation stage:

Is alright.  I know how to solve your problem.
    I'll send you through a list shortly of posters I would like to acquire from your collection.
    Once you send em on, you can start re-acquiring...
    You're welcome  =)
  • Signs your collection is reaching the depressing saturation stage:

It HAS been a mostly long dry spell for us with good daybills. But one of these days...!

Here is a handy checklist to help tell eMoviePoster.com apart from all other major auctions!
    HAS lifetime guarantees on every item - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS unrestored and unenhanced images - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS 100% honest condition descriptions - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS auctions where the winner is the higher of two real bidders - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "buyers premiums" - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "reserves or starts over $1 - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS hidden bidder IDs - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS no customer service to speak of - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "nosebleed" shipping charges - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS inadequate packaging - NOT eMoviePoster.com

• edited June 2018
    Why the FARK can't people just follow instructions!  How fricken hard can it possibly be!
  • Why the FARK can't people just follow instructions!  How fricken hard can it possibly be!
    I know right?  Like how I keep instructing you to send me certain daybills and yet nothing shows up in the mail  :|

Get it together Ves!

;)
  • 2 new townhouses near mum. What was the architect thinking???

• Horrible!  Especially for the people next door in the nice Californian bungalows
  • All I can figure is that the plans got mixed up.

Somewhere in Melbourne, there's a brand new supermarket with a Californian bungalow on it's roof housing an air conditioning plant room....

• Looks like a power station
  • Those are kinda bunkerish... I like it
  • 110x75 said:
    Those are kinda bunkerish... I like it
    Definitely the same architect  B)