Skip to content

Recent hangings...

Comments

• Maybe polar bear racing is where all the poster buyin' money comes from. Could be lucrative, yaknow.
  • Just back from the framers, love it!! Got them to make a matching frame for when I finally sort my act out and pick up a green Dirty Harry DB to sit side by side. 

• Nice work Wil! keep on framing.
  • Looks great and censorship free too.
  • Beautiful Will! The frame size (20mm i think) and window mat look well balanced, striking daybill too! 
  • Thanks all, been waiting to get this baby framed for a while. Actually think the image of Steve is nicer than the US OS. 

• Very nice - congrats!
  • Looks great Wil! Classic Steve McQueen! 
  • edited June 2018
    Looks great Wil! Classic Steve McQueen! 
    Definitely one of his best mate (along with The Great Escape!)

• Just waiting on some Mylar sleeves to arrive (idea from Ves) then these two can go up. 

• Nice Will! 
    I also ripped Ves great idea! Its nice to know the posters are safe and not taped!!
    I notice if i put the poster in myler and then behind glass it can get double reflection. 
    I am thinking to remove the glass so their is only reflection from the mylar. 
    Let me know how you go!!
  • @Sven That was my only concern, but losing the glass will also lose the UV protection so I'll have to live with it or ditch the Mylar and tape the top two corners (obviously rather not do that)
  • Very true. Mind you i have only.done mylar and glass with lobby cards and they were a tight fit into the mylar which might have caused more rippling and  reflection. 
    I got my mylar daybill sleeves last week and am thinking with the extra space the mylar will be flat and hence less reflection. 

From my research japanese paper hinges and starch are the best. I actually removed a lobby card from a frame that was hinged with this technique. All it took was a moist q tip to peel off the hinges. But i have to say making the hinges and starch paste and then applying the right amount , allowing the right time to dry before putting the hinges on the lobby card so not to cockle the paper was tricky . 

Other than paper hinges the lineco gummed tape is very good. Its water activated. 

Anyways my 2cents!!!
  • Good work!  
    Re mylar reflection...you get used to it...trust me ?
  • Those look great, Wil! Keep 'em coming!
  • Just waiting on some Mylar sleeves to arrive (idea from Ves) then these two can go up. 

:o  What this?!!! Framing posters and not linen backing them??!!!!  :o

Looks nice! =) Please post of the Mylar bagging process & final product. 
  • edited July 2018
    Got Carry on Sergeant up, also added a mylar sleeve to Doctor in Trouble. As mentioned earlier there is a secondary reflection (hence why I haven't taken the picture square on and close up), but for now I think it's bearable, although I predict guests will ask "are they laminated?" a lot!  :s 

They're more colourful/brighter square on.

Also after my better half slacked off on her cleaning chores at the weekend, I was tempted to swap 'Trouble' for 'Dolittle' but don't fancy cooking all week so left as is!

Ps - those candles are battery powered before anyone comments.  =)
  • Good work!  

But more importantly, are you going to share the lollies with everyone?
  • Good work!  

But more importantly, are you going to share the lollies with everyone?
    So long as you cover the dental fees Ves (they're glass  =) )

• Darn it.  And its getting to that 3pm "need a sugar hit" time :)
  • Sweet Wil!

I wanna see what's in the piggy bank

• Matt said:

Sweet Wil!

I wanna see what's in the piggy bank

Ziltch! Parking meter change which is quickly spent. 
  • Nice, Wil! Thanks for showing the backside of the open frame. Matting and framing look nice up on the wall! 

As for those "lollies" had to google those as well!  =)
  • Just received this image from my framers. Hopefully it'll be delivered and hung early next week.

• Impressive Wil!
  • edited July 2018
    Cheers, obviously not the best lighting. But it looks bloody heavy! So won't be using the track/drops for this one. Also with the amount of earth movement in Christchurch it'll likely need bolting into the wall.
  • Come up a treat, can't wait to see up on the wall!

• :o

Now that will be a centerpiece in the homestead! Wonderful!