Skip to content

Recent hangings...

Comments

• edited September 2018
    Bulldog clips and hanging track work well! Toying with what will come next prior to framing...

Although 'slightly' clashing, I thought a meeting of Knights could work? 

• Nice Wil!
    Cheers mate, not ideal, but once framed, the shorter length could tie in with the plug socket.
  • Looks great! 
  • Love what you've done with that 'The Mysterious Pilot'
  • Cheers. Just added a little blurb beside it and Ivanhoe. The Mrs doesn't want to get caught out not knowing what they are if her friends ask.
  • Very cool and museum-like. What kind of info did you include?
  • Very cool and museum-like. What kind of info did you include?
    Prominently the movies story, info on the main actor, such as Kings status in Hollywood at the time, how Ivanhoe was the first instance of a Hollywood production being filmed overseas 'on location' etc.

Frank was his claims to fame as a WW1 pilot, air speed multiple record breaker etc. with an image below if him and two friends carrying out the first air to air refuelling (Jerry can on the back of the Wesley May the wing walker and not a parachute) over California in 1921. Plus his death whilst flying the following year in 1938.

• Allrighty, it's hard as heck to follow Wil's mega poster corner with anything, much less these, but I swapped out some framed Belgians and a window card with a few hot rod/delinquent/ne'er-do-well movie pressbooks this morning.

framed pressbooks reading area 2018 2
    framed pressbooks reading area 2018

I've changed the posters in the poster lair from bad girls to hot rod stuff as well, but I still have to hang a couple half sheets before snapping some pics. I will update soon.

:)  :)
  • I like it Rock! The black frames, with the red/grey/white posters works well! :hang_loose:

PS-That is one relaxed owl.... :)
  • Great job Rock, the black works well, like Mark, I'm also drawn to the owl. It reminds me of the mechanical owl Bubo from Clash of the Titans.
  • Wow, has a real nice flow!
  • Thanks for the kind words, guys, and I’ll pass along the owl approval to the mrs. She does an outstanding job of interior decoration both in general and also seasonally. The owl and small arrangement of flowers are the tip of the iceberg for fall decos. Halloween is squarely in her sights, but I’d imagine that will come the first of the month. I find it interesting that she likes poster stuff, but she does. 
  • Superb job!  They look fantastic :)
  • It's meeeeee, Brian Setzer's poster collectin' doppelganger, here to bore you to tears with another drip in the ocean of framed movie ephemera. I bought a couple used frames while thrift store shopping yesterday. Both of them came with matting - one cut with an 11x14 opening, and one that had something matted in it. I tried something different this time, and I'm still on the fence about how much I like it, but feel free to chime in with your love it/like it/hate it feelings. I used ink and rubber stamps to "enhance" the matting on the Juke Girl card. As always, I'm really sorry about the crappy photo. I can't find a decent place to take pics of this stuff anywhere around the rock-o-mansion, especially in the poster lair. Anyhow:

juke girl lobby framed

As mentioned, the other frame had something in it. Sorry about the orientation of the photo. It's got the former artwork sideways.

what price thrift store frame

And after disassembling, recutting the mat and an artwork swap. If not evident in the photos, the frame is silver, and the matting is in the gray/grey family.

what price innocence lobby framed

Neither are slated to go up on the walls anywhere yet. I'll just have to put 'em in the "I've framed too many farking posters" queue.

:)  :)

• Nice work Rock! Beautiful as always.

Reminds me, I'm still wanting a Juke Girl daybill.
  • Amen, brother. Let me know if you find two!  :)
  • Make that three!
  • Rock, more great work on framing through reclamation! Great choices of colors for matting and frame colors. Not too keen on the stamping of the matte. It kinda distracts the eye from the image, which is classic bad-girl. Wish I had the eye for picking out frames and matte cutting skills! 
  • Thanks, man. The frames are almost always by happenstance. I carry a list of posters and their measurements on my phone. When I’m thrift shopping, I carry a tape measure to see what will actually work and what won’t. The mat cutting is easy, because the folks that make the mat cutting tools (Logan), also have a free app that will calculate the opening that needs to be cut. Sometimes I have to adjust the measurements it comes up with, but not often, and only because of poster condition issues or something unpredictable like that. I’ve been too chicken to try double or triple matting, but I’m sure it’d be just as easy.
     I’m with you on the Juke Girl matting. Plain looks too plain, and stamped looks too busy. Ugh.
  • Great job Rock, loving the Juke Girl mat. 
  • love that Juke girl

• what price innocence lobby framed

Absolutely glorious
  • Thanks, guys.  :)
  • So I finally sank $350 into a legit matt cutter... My first project was the Perfect Blue B5..

• edited October 2018
    Wow i really like the poster and matt color Charlie!!
  • 2nd project was an original 1955 photo from Stone Mountain, Georgia... Politics aside, I was excited to find this for $5 at an antique mall...

• They look great!
  • Right on!
  • Finally upgraded the bulldog clips holding the SW 3 Sheet. Same set up as Ivanhoe with a custom deep rebate cut into the frame to avoid trimming the linen. Templar V's Jedi, not exactly a fair fight.