Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Banned In Australia Films

12346»

Comments

• HONDOHONDO Member Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭✭✭✭ Le Grande Collector
    edited July 23
     ( USA insert poster )

East End Kids ( 1940 ). Banned in Aiustralian in 1940 on violence grounds. This Monogram film was the first in a series of East End Kids movies ( 1940 - 1945 ). The importer who submitted the film to the Australian Connonwealth Film Censors would have been British Empire Filns ( BEF ). It certainly seems to me to be an odd film to be banned.

Lawrence
  • theartofmovieposterstheartofmovieposters Member Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector
    Isn't east side kids a series of films?  I am sure I have seen a daybill for something...

Isn't east side kids a series of films?  I am sure I have seen a daybill for something...
    Yes there were twenty two films released in The East Side Kids film series ( 1940 -1945 ). Three daybills of films released in Australia from the series are Mr Muggs Steps Out ( 1942 ), Smart Alecks ( 1942 )  &  Docks Of New York ( 1945 ).

Lawrence

The only other East Side Kids Australian daybills that I could locate are Kid Dynamite ( 1943 ) and Mr. Wise Guy ( 1942 ).

Interestingly, of the five daybills I have posted here three of the films were classified as being ''For General Exhibition'' and the other two were given the mild ''Not Suitable For General Exhibition'' rating, yet the original film in the series East End Kids was refused classification and denied a release here in Australia.

If per chance anyone has any other East Side Kids Australian daybills from the remaining sixteen films that were made, please feel free to post them here as I would love to see them.
    Lawrence

Island Of Doomed Men ( 1940 ) & Men Without Souls ( 1940 ). Two Columbia Pictures banned in Australia in 1940. Island Of Doomed Men banned on violence grounds and  Men Without Souls oddly listed as being banned on horror grounds.
    Lawrence