Skip to content

There Are Australian Daybill & One Sheets Existing For These Films.

Comments

• I haven't spotted on either.
  • But there should be one right????
  • Yes for sure.
  • Thanks Ves for the two images. The Jubal daybill is far superior to the duotone of the same title..
  • I recently got the one sheet for soldiers three.  Will post image when I get a chance.
  • I don't do Westerns but that Buffalo Bill is very nice.
  •                                                                                                                                                                                     With these five images the total is now twelve images found from my original list of missing daybill images that appeared on this thread August, 2015. From my original list of 44 titles twelve images have been located  and downloaded on this thread. I are hoping we can find more of the missing 32 titles in the near future.
  • Thanks Ves for the Soldiers Three ( 1951 ) Australian one sheet image.
  • Three more daybill titles that I would love to see original release  daybill images of are --

Shane ( 1953 ) ( a 1959 re-release and two later printed duotone versions sighted ) 

Rough Company ( 1955 ) ( an awful duotone image only sighted )

The Key ( 1958 ) ( only an ordinary duotone sighted )

• Shane Aussie Daybill

Image from John Reid's site, moviemem

•  The Key Australian one sheet. Still searching for the Australian daybill though.
  • Lovely Richardson Studio  image of Shane.
  • edited March 2017
     Pack Train ( 1953 ). Heritage image.
  •  Target ( 1952 ).
  • The Gambler Wore A Gun ( 1961 ). Looking for a full colour version, if one exists.

• I'm confused at the point of this thread.  Isn't this just a compare OS and Daybills thread?  Doesn't that thread already exist?
  • No, it's a thread asking to see images of yet to be sighted daybills or onesheets, depending on the title...
  • Charlie said:
    I'm confused at the point of this thread.  Isn't this just a compare OS and Daybills thread?  Doesn't that thread already exist?

• So missing daybills and OS?
  • Or "What happened to the daybill?"...  So then "What happened to the OS?"... I mean if you read the title the reaction is "yes" there are both daybills and one sheets existing for films...  Why does it take 25 threads to ask if a poster has been seen before?

• Why does it bother you so much, almost 2 years after it was started???
  • I don't want my inquiry to turn into some drama.  
    But it bothers me because two years ago I never thought we would have to fight the infinite expansion of threads about the same topic.  And I didn't catch it before - it almost makes me think the title was changed at some point.  It's a terrible title.

We've been thinking about ways to tidy the place up (including developing  a new category structure and merging of threads)... 

Take a look at this category (below) which this thread is in.  There are literally 5 threads about missing posters in the ten most recent.  

http://vintagemoviepostersforum.com/categories/have-you-seen-my-poster-

I can understand if a newbie comes in and starts a new thread because he doesn't know where the old one is.  But we keep fighting the battle of clogging up the recent discussions page and redundant threads don't help.
  • I won't respond in depth at the moment to Charlie's comments, as it probably isn't a good time to do so in my current state of mind. What I will comment on though, is that time could be better spent in some other areas if you really wish to tidy the place up. Threads being hijacked with so called funny comments, which have nothing to do with the material being discussed at all and the non naming of posted images, which leads to not being able to locate an image most of the time when one looks for a particular title, need to be looked at. Seemingly it appears in Charlie's eyes that I am the main culprit in duplicating threads, so how about I don't open any new threads, just in case this may happen again? This should tidy things up considerably Enough said as I am fuming at the present time.
  • Fume away. I asked a simple question and you posted a snide gif.  You can't have it both ways being sarcastic and sensitive about a seemingly equal response.

Not to be taken sarcastically but giving us a break from new threads would help us while we restructure. You can always post in one of your other 266 daybill or quiz threads that you've got going while we move them around.

I probably should refrain from more comment as it is 3:31 AM and I have work in the morning...

• From where I sit (and I certainly have no idea of the ins and outs)...He is singled out ALOT.  So I can understand how things might be taken to heart.

Put the shoe on the other foot.  If a bunch of us singled you out and reversed the situation, would it still seem so equal?

I think we all forget, we're typing words on a screen...which convey no tone of voice or facial cues.

You could be posting something seemingly innocent...I might not take it that way.

BUT, it looks like we have a consensus...no new aussie threads for a month? Agreed :)

• Agreed + 1
  • ...no new aussie threads for a month? Agreed :)

Would this apply to those members with postal addresses in the Northern Hemisphere?... =)