Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

There Are Australian Daybill & One Sheets Existing For These Films.

12346»

Comments

• HONDOHONDO Member Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭✭✭✭ Le Grande Collector

O.k. my next comment isn't regarding a daybill or an Australian one sheet, but an important missing Australian three sheet. 

Original U.S.A.1956 Jailhouse Rock three sheet.

Bruce sold an Australian three sheet of Jailhouse Rock in 2000 for $520, so we know that at least one copy exists. No image is available but we surely can rule out that it was in duotone, similar to the duotone daybill that is in the marketplace, but an original full colour poster. Will we ever see an image of an original full colour Australian three sheet in our lifetime I wonder? Perhaps the one that Bruce sold is the only one that survived. 

Amended June 8 posting of what I had originally intended to say. Must have had a bad day,
    Lawrence
  • RickRick Member Posts: 940 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    yes i have the one-sheet but not the 3sh
  • theartofmovieposterstheartofmovieposters Member Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector

lady in the lake aussie one sheet.
    I hadn't seen before, maybe you hadn't either.
    Posted by Rich on FB

lady in the lake aussie one sheet.
    I hadn't seen before, maybe you hadn't either.
    Posted by Rich on FB
    Thanks Ves for posting. Following is an image I have. Notice the missing piece of paper in the same corner of both posters.

Lawrence
    edited July 2019
     ( John )  ( Wil )

The previously seen The Siege Of Pinchgut ( 1959 ) daybill and now the Australian one sheet had surfaced. A lot of previously unsighted posters are turning up in New Zealand these days.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

( Back To The Flicks ).

Lawrence Of Arabia ( 1962 ).The film was released in Australia in late 1963, after the Academy Awards were announced.

I may be wrong, but is this Australian one sheet that was printed for the 1963 Australian first release the first time this poster image has publically appeared? Even if it has appeared in the past though, the poster is still incredibly rare.

Lawrence
  • RickRick Member Posts: 940 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    i've got one and i think i recall seeing one sell in the past
    HONDO said:
    Sven said:
    Is there a daybill for X Man with Xray Eyes?

There should be one from Roadshow I would think. The film was a 1963 U.S. release and most likely banned originally in Australia. It did I have just discovered have a screening in Canberra, A.C.T. on 22nd of December, 1972 with the title of Man With The X-Ray Eyes.

Blake Films actually acquired this film originally for Australian distribution, pre Roadshow, thus making it earlier than the late 1960s.

The Canberra, A.C.T. screening previously mentioned  as taken place on the 22nd of December 1972 was most likely distributed by Roadshow,  who by then had acquired A.I.P. product current, ongoing and back catalogue. They then released some product previously distributed by other companies.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I thought that I would include this rare Australian three sheet image of Mannequin from 1937 here within this tread.

What I find interesting is that the Australian poster artist swapped an eye catching Joan Crawford image that appears on the above U.S. three sheet and opted for the completely different ellegent night attire dress, similar to what appeared on one of the U.S. one sheet poster styles.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Charlie Chan In Shanghai ( 1935 ), This daybill image that was listed as missing here in August 2015 has finally surfaced. Coming up for auction on HA this month is this super rare poster. 

Lawrence