Skip to content

Recent hangings...

Comments

• Technically not a hanging, but on display.

Finally got this little spot sorted (just need to find a classier way to attached them to the board), with a big thanks to Mel for the loverly Dorothy.

• Nice display Ves. I love Dorothy Lamour.
  • I beg to differ Ves, I think it's a classy display. Suits that little nook space perfectly.
  • Watch out for little fingers  :o Couldn't pull off something like that in this Fun House!

Looks great though Ves
  • Very nice display!
  • edited September 2017
    Nice.. it works!
  • Yep, that's nice.
  • Completed another Wall of Noir (â„¢)

• Stupendous! Anal! Amazing!
  • Fantastic display Chris! I would do a  Wall of Noir if it were not for the TM!
  • Holy shit! How did I miss this???  Very nice Chris...
  • Classy display Chris, especially like Night and the City.
  • Thanks guys!

And Sven it's OK we can work out some kind of subsidiary licensing agreement ;)
  • edited January 2018
    Great stuff, Chris.

And may I compliment you on the perfect proportions* between your daybills**!

------

* I posted a pic of one of my Star Wars MP collages on Reddit and got 10.4K likes and 400+ comments, mostly complimentary but 5-10 viciously ripped into me for "incompetently unevenly spacing out the frames."

** We all know these are all daybills that you have digitally stretched/shrunk in your "fake news" pic!

------

"Recent hangings?"

Last one was in 1932!

(Lil' inappropos gallows humor....)

• Just saw the pics on my laptop (phone just showed squares). Very nice, Chris! Johnny O'Clock is wonderful!
  • I know these aren't technically movie posters but the first one is made from repro posters.  These are from a local mixed media artist that I discovered during my browse after bookmaking classes.  Her name is Patricia Blackwell...

Untitled

Untitled
  • The Bond is cool!
  • I duuno if this has been shown before but I just hung this on the wall in my office. It was restored a while back (main issue was the bottom border the rest was not bad), an early Richardson.

My American Wife (1936) Long Daybill

I've not been able to find any video on it
  • Remember it and love it! Nice to see it again David
  • Well I finally took my TCAT sixer down.  After I got the frame off, I had 8 drywall anchor holes to patch and then discovered when I added the foam core I must have trimmed it in place because I also had a nice 81” slice across the wall. 
  • Charlie said:
    Well I finally took my TCAT sixer down.  After I got the frame off, I had 8 drywall anchor holes to patch and then discovered when I added the foam core I must have trimmed it in place because I also had a nice 81” slice across the wall. 
    Funny for us, bugger for you...

• Looks great David!
  • No automatic alt text available
    My lounge display for 2018. Which is your favorite?
  • Hard to pick...
  • Fantastic Daybills! I really like the Snow White on the far left-the blue & yellow go together nicely, artwork of the dwarfs is wonderful and I've never seen it! 

Btw @Rick, where'd you pick up the Peter Pan? Is that an original release? Very nice as well. 
  • I like them all but Bambi is my fav.
  • Fantastic Rick! Bambi is gorgeous 
  • Fabulous Rick
  • i think Pluto is my favorite of this lot, though Snow White on the left was most expensive