Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Buyer Beware!

124»

Comments

• BruceBruce Member, Captain Movie Poster Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter
    HONDO said:

Rebecca ( 1940 ) original Australian first release long daybill on the left and a 1947 re-release daybill incorrecttly converted to being a long daybill by a restorer and originally was thoughr of as being original release. I believe that people these days know the story behind this poster and now acknowledge it as being a 1947 re-release poster. 

To further confirm that the poster above on the right if from 1947 I would like to state that all United Artists film posters in 1940 had the following style logo printed on their posters.

The Released Thru United Artists style was what was used in 1947 was the following.

Lawrence, since you used images from eMoviePoster.com, I think you should have pointed out that the poster on the right IS correctly described (both as being from 1947, and from being incorrectly restored). Someone solely reading your text might think that we have it incorrectly described on our site.

Thanks!
    Bruce
    We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 3,000 auctions a week, 138,000 a year.
    See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html
  • HONDOHONDO Member Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭✭ Le Grande Collector
    Bruce said:
    HONDO said:

Rebecca ( 1940 ) original Australian first release long daybill on the left and a 1947 re-release daybill incorrecttly converted to being a long daybill by a restorer and originally was thoughr of as being original release. I believe that people these days know the story behind this poster and now acknowledge it as being a 1947 re-release poster. 

To further confirm that the poster above on the right if from 1947 I would like to state that all United Artists film posters in 1940 had the following style logo printed on their posters.

The Released Thru United Artists style was what was used in 1947 was the following.

Lawrence, since you used images from eMoviePoster.com, I think you should have pointed out that the poster on the right IS correctly described (both as being from 1947, and from being incorrectly restored). Someone solely reading your text might think that we have it incorrectly described on our site.

Thanks!
    Bruce
    Sorry Bruce for not mentioning your posters as being correctly described on your website. I should have been more thorough than I was in providing information.

My '' I believe that people these days  know the story behind this poster and now acknowledge it as being a 1947 re-release poster", was actually refering to your information published on your website and that members would know this. Yes it is possible some members and guests that haven't read the information originally published by you may have thought that the poster on the right is incorrectly described as being original on your website.

My follow up information regarding the United Artists information was just to reinforce what you had already stated, in that the poster was a 1947 re-release poster.  

I hope now that I have set the record straight.
    Lawrence