Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

A Clockwork Orange rare style

2»

Comments

• theartofmovieposterstheartofmovieposters Member Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector
    edited April 5
    Newspapers.com shows consistant showings of Clockwork all through the 1970s...there are a fair few around 1977 and 1978...

Corrected for the right years...
  • theartofmovieposterstheartofmovieposters Member Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector

Don't know if these are all official RRs...

From The Sydney Morning Herald in 1977:

• JohnJohn Member, Dealer Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter
    edited April 5
    It the yellow style is a re release, it would most likely be around 1976. 

US RR listed as an 89 RR references Kinney Company...so red herring perhaps?
  • HONDOHONDO Member Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭✭✭✭ Le Grande Collector

More about the sometimes used woman's image, appearing below on the yellow daybill, that was apparently used on another poster size that circulated in Australia shortly.

Perhaps an original Australian press sheet could assist in some way. Has anyone ever sighted one? 
    Lawrence

It does looks as though the Kinney Company references are a red herring/error that has carried through to other posters. The question now is when was the yellow daybill released?
    HONDO said:

More about the sometimes used woman's image, appearing below on the yellow daybill, that was apparently used on another poster size that circulated in Australia shortly.

Perhaps an original Australian press sheet could assist in some way. Has anyone ever sighted one? 
    I do have an Australian press sheet somewhere. From memory, it doesn't show pictures of the daybill. I will try and find it and post an image.

This is a U.S.A. international Clockwork Orange one sheet with an Ausralian R classification rating stamped on it.

Warner Bros. product starting in the very early 1970s didn't have many Australian one sheets printed for them and mainly used international one sheets instead.

This image of the scantily clad woman is similar to the one used on the yellow daybill.
    Lawrence
    John said:
    HONDO said:

I do have an Australian press sheet somewhere. From memory, it doesn't show pictures of the daybill. I will try and find it and post an image.
    I was thinking actually of what do all the images of Clockwork Orange used on the press sheet look like for comparison purposes.
    Lawrence
    John said:

It does looks as though the Kinney Company references are a red herring/error that has carried through to other posters. The question now is when was the yellow daybill released?
    76 - 77 I reckon.
    HONDO said:
    John said:
    HONDO said:

I was thinking actually of what do all the images of Clockwork Orange used on the press sheet look like for comparison purposes.
    There is an X and R rated pressbook for US or UK (I can't remember)
    Images in that are with and without girl.
    HONDO said:
    John said:
    HONDO said:

There is an X and R rated pressbook for US or UK (I can't remember)
    Images in that are with and without girl.
    Yes, I have "X" rated and "R" rated lobby cards. 

Don't know if these are all official RRs...

01 March 1972          -  Running time recorded as being 136m. Offical Australian first release.

01 January 1976        -  Running time recorded as being 135m   ?

01 January 1981        -  Running time recorded as being 132m   ?

19 September 1988   -  Running time recorded as being 135m.  Official Australian re - release.

It would appear to me that the re-classifications were possibly due to amended running time prints and not necessarily due to a planned official re-release.
    Lawrence

Thanks John  and very interesting, but it doesn't have the lady image included on any of the artwork displayed, This then unfortunately doesn't help in trying to pinpoint when the yellow daybill version was screened.
    Lawrence
    HONDO said:

Thanks John  and very interesting, but it doesn't have the lady image included on any of the artwork displayed, This then unfortunately doesn't help in trying to pinpoint when the yellow daybill version was screened.
    No it doesn't help much although it does refer to Warner Brothers as a Warner Communications Company rather than the Kinney reference. We may have reached a dead end where we can only guess the release date for the yellow version but it would have to be 70s.
    John said:
    HONDO said:

No it doesn't help much although it does refer to Warner Brothers as a Warner Communications Company rather than the Kinney reference. We may have reached a dead end where we can only guess the release date for the yellow version but it would have to be 70s.

I agree, but hopefully some more information will turn up in the future to help us solve the release date of the yellow poster.
    Lawrence