Skip to content

Official Entry Page and Submissions Thread (Now Closed)

Entries will be accepted by responding to this thread. Remember it is first in, best dressed...  I will not make any assumptions whether you are going to play or not. 

If you are not on this list you are not in the tourney!

The Official List

1. Matt (Posted Both Rounds)

2. David (Posted Week 1 Only)

3. Charlie (Posted Both Rounds)

4. Mark (Eisenhower) (Posted Both Rounds)

5. Chris (Posted Both Rounds)

6. Paul (Posted Both Rounds)

7. Matias (110x75)(Posted Round 1)

8.  Randy D. (Posted Both Rounds)

9.  Jason(Posted Round 1)

10.  Alex (Posted Both Rounds)

Important Dates:

February 9th - Draft rules will be finalized and set.
February 9th - First Official day for submissions.  You are welcome to send now if ready (more on this below)
February 9th - MOPO e-mail
February 13th - Facebook Campaign (want to let established/familiar/known collectors get first shot)
February 21st - First two rounds of urls are due by noon.  If you don't send em in, then nothing with be posted - i.e. you forfeit.
February 22nd - First round voting begins at 9 PM.

Submissions

I will take the burden of handling all submission via PM or e-mail (charlie@pulpfixin.com).  They will be from the three main categories and three specific categories in Figure 1.

Figure 1.  Weekly Categories

Image format 

It would be appreciated if images are less than 1000 pixels in there longest directions to aid in the presentation of the poll thread.

Submission Format

Round 1

Entry 1 - "Actress" - Audrey Hepburn - Paris When it Sizzles US OS

<<<url here>>>

Entry 2 - "Horror" - Carrie US OS

<<<url here>>>

Entry 3 - "1960s" - Mudhoney US OS

<<<url here>>>

Entry 4 - "Director" - Tarantino - Pulpfiction US OS SS

<<<url here>>>

Round 2

Entry 1 - "Actress" - Natalie Portman - Black Swan Intl. Art Deco (La Boca) DS 

<<<url here>>>

Entry 2 - "Comedy" - Funny Farm US OS

<<<url here>>>

Entry 3 - "Actor" - Gene Kelly Singing in the Rain Japanese B2

<<<url here>>>

Entry 4 - "Italian" - My Fair Lady 1st Release Italian 1P

<<<url here>>>

Questions?

Contact me or comment below.

Comments

• Aren't we supposed to send the pics today??
    I am tired and dumb.
    Please enlighten me

L-)
  • Question. I have no Horror for Round 1 or Italian for Round 2....I have Belgian, French, Yugoslavian though! --- :D ....without 4 pieces will my opponent win that vote by default?
  • 110x75 said:
    Aren't we supposed to send the pics today??
    I am tired and dumb.
    Please enlighten me

L-)
    You have until the 21st but I will start building them as soon as I get them...
  • Question. I have no Horror for Round 1 or Italian for Round 2....I have Belgian, French, Yugoslavian though! --- :D ....without 4 pieces will my opponent win that vote by default?
    It is four out of the six... You don't have to have one for every category or option in the origin... Everyone should be able to post a minimum of three - actor, actress, and director. Then one more from the three other categories...
  • Thanks! Got it-looked back at the original 6 categories.
  • I won a poster last night-paid this morning. It's paper guaranteed to get me through to the quarterfinals...maybe semifinals...possible finals...I just need the package to get to my house by the 21st!!! :-\" --- [-O<
  • You own so it counts in my eyes!

But I am not a the judge...
  • edited February 2015
    Thanks...We'll see if it arrives-no worries if it doesn't-it could take 21 days to arrive per the shipping dept.! :D
  • Am I to late to join. I will give it a try
  • If I am not to late sign me up
  • You are in Randy!
  • Why isn't Jason in?

• Yeah no kidding Jason should be in on this.

• Jason is in on this. Sign him up. I talked to him today and told him to sign up. He said "Lol ok". So add him Charlie.
  • Which thread is the categories in??   Crikey I'm lost...
  • Working on it...
  • Ok cats are up...
  • edited February 2015
    This 'bracket' thing is new to us Downunder so getting my head around it...as Cilla would say, that's a lorra lorra posters. May have to pull out a couple of the big guns from the secret stash...but then that requires photographing...<groan>

Do we know who we are up against before we submit or...?
  • We were going to go with random but it may just be easier to set it up with pairing people off as they send images...   For example (as you can see but others can't) I had to create the html for Mark's entry but since I couldn't edit a poll after it is created I have to wait to pair him up...
  • It may also be most fair if us three (me you and Matt) post our entries first since we will be able to see the other entries as they come in...
  • ahhh - I'll go and study the cats...

• David said:

This 'bracket' thing is new to us Downunder so getting my head around it...as Cilla would say, that's a lorra lorra posters. May have to pull out a couple of the big guns from the secret stash...but then that requires photographing...<groan>

Do we know who we are up against before we submit or...?
    I didn't realize a tournament "bracket" was not universal...
  • There you go - you used the word 'bracket' - no idea to what it refers!
  • A bracket is a tree diagram that represents the series of games played during a tournament, named as such because it appears to be a large number of interconnected (punctuational) brackets.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bracket_(tournament)
  • Oh, we just call them Tournament Draws.
  • And I thought you guys would call them Chazwasas...
  • Paul said:

And I thought you guys would call them Chazwasas...

:))
  • I have been thinking more about how to generate the bracket.  I think what I will do is come up with a random ranking generator and base it on sign up number.  By doing this I could start to show the entries as they come in...  Anyone object???
  • edited February 2015
    So this would randomly seed the players against each other? And as you enter their images they would post?