Skip to content

July 2015

1235»

Comments

• Happy smiley 34 Can't wait to see it on Linen.
  • edited July 2015
    Matt said:
    Happy smiley 34 Can't wait to see it on Linen.
    Bet that's not the first time you've used that line, you smoothy...

Shouldn't you be riding to work by now? I see it's a pleasant 5°C
  • 5.1ºC Bye!

• Ahhh warming up nicely.
  • David said:
    Welcome! And that is a helluva a good start to your posting, we've got a few Boggie fans here, don't take your eyes off your poster.

When re-backed and framed, we want to see proof in this category and in this category!
    Thanks for the welcome, I have posted a pix of the restored poster on the Show Me The Restoration page. I think it looks amazing!! 
  • Welcome from me too - great poster!
  • edited July 2015
    Some new ones for me, and some I only just photographed...

Thanks to David, now I am insured!

• Nice ones!  That Caddy Shack always catches my eye...
  • Great looking pieces Ves, Inner Sanctum & City Under the Sea are standouts! 
  • My pick is Inner Sanctum.

The Porgy And Bess is the first time I have sighted this extremely rare  daybill. It is interesting the Theatre Royal Todd-AO Commencing Thurs. 7th Feb appears on this poster. This would have to have been printed for the Newcastle, N.S.W. screenings.

• Very nice Ves
  • Go Vincent Price!
  • HONDO said:

My pick is Inner Sanctum.

The Porgy And Bess is the first time I have sighted this extremely rare  daybill. It is interesting the Theatre Royal Todd-AO Commencing Thurs. 7th Feb appears on this poster. This would have to have been printed for the Newcastle, N.S.W. screenings.

I was going to email you separately Lawrence, but as you've raised it...have you seen anything like this before?

I only noticed the Theatre Royal stuff when I was filing the images last night, so I am going to pull it out and see if it looks like it's been printed on later, or part of the original printing.

I would imagine it would be almost unheard of to do such a run for just one theatre???

• Great additions, the Inner Sanctum is cool.
  • HONDO said:

I was going to email you separately Lawrence, but as you've raised it...have you seen anything like this before?

I only noticed the Theatre Royal stuff when I was filing the images last night, so I am going to pull it out and see if it looks like it's been printed on later, or part of the original printing.

I would imagine it would be almost unheard of to do such a run for just one theatre???

I have never seen similar printing on a daybill poster. There were very few screenings in Australia in 70mm and this would have been one of them so one would think the printing of Theatre Royal Todd A-O Commencing Thurs. 7th Feb. was additional printing added to the poster for the Newcastle release.

• Inner Sanctum is jollyfine, and you can't go wrong with Vincent. NIce pick-ups Ves.

Watched Theatre of Blood last night.. :)

• edited August 2015
    Snuck north across the border, another under the floorboards find (are the floorboards of all the homes in the country lined with movie posters?!), many in not the best condition as you'd expect - too busy packing to take photos, maybe not as good as the first lot but a few rare ones, off the top of my head Lucille Ball (yay), John Wayne, Hitchcock, Jane Russell, Gene Kelly, David Niven, Charlie Chaplin and so on, and one that has so little left it will take Lawrence to solve what movie it is from

:| 
  • Oh!  Exciting.  Can't wait to see, esp the Niven!
  • Nice Vesna, especially City Under the Sea
  • David said:
    Snuck north across the border, another under the floorboards find (are the floorboards of all the homes in the country lined with movie posters?!), many in not the best condition as you'd expect - too busy packing to take photos, maybe not as good as the first lot but a few rare ones, off the top of my head Lucille Ball (yay), John Wayne, Hitchcock, Jane Russell, Gene Kelly, David Niven, Charlie Chaplin and so on, and one that has so little left it will take Lawrence to solve what movie it is from

:| 
    Cool. What title is the Hitchcock poster David?
  • HONDO said:
    HONDO said:

I have never seen similar printing on a daybill poster. There were very few screenings in Australia in 70mm and this would have been one of them so one would think the printing of Theatre Royal Todd A-O Commencing Thurs. 7th Feb. was additional printing added to the poster for the Newcastle release.

Just had a look and hard to tell, but I think it was added later...it's printed over the bottom of her dress...
  • Rick said:
    Nice Vesna, especially City Under the Sea

Thanks!  I like it...one of the few aussie posters for a Vincent Price title, that they actually got the likeness right!
  • Porgy And Bess newspaper advertisement from a Canberra, A.C.T. screening of the 11th of April, 1961. Note there isn't a mention of Todd-AO or any wide screen process at all and the 27/9/1962  screening at Penrith, N.S.W. mentions CinemaScope.

t

• Nice Inner Sanctum Ves - we should think about an arranged marriage with my daybill ;)
  • It's your fault.  After you posted your daybill, I had to have SOMETHING!