Skip to content

August 2017

I picked up a vintage Twilight Zone still last night.  I've seen a lot of mid eighties rerun stills but it seems like the period stills are hard to find.

Comments

• Saw that particular episode a few years back and I remember it well. A good still.
  • Nice still Charlie. Twilight Zone was great.
    I remember how the episode "Time Enough at Last" ending broke my heart.

• 110x75 said:
    Nice still Charlie. Twilight Zone was great.
    I remember how the episode "Time Enough at Last" ending broke my heart.

One of my favorites!
  • Nice Charlie, good memories - must see what I can find and watch a few again...
  • I loved that still. Congrats!

I just got a new consignment that includes around 20 1960s TV stills (with snipes) but you are absolutely right that they are extremely rare.

Here is a handy checklist to help tell eMoviePoster.com apart from all other major auctions!
    HAS lifetime guarantees on every item - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS unrestored and unenhanced images - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS 100% honest condition descriptions - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS auctions where the winner is the higher of two real bidders - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "buyers premiums" - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "reserves or starts over $1 - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS hidden bidder IDs - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS no customer service to speak of - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "nosebleed" shipping charges - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS inadequate packaging - NOT eMoviePoster.com

• What a great still!
  • A few new ones for me.  Definitely not all new this month, but only just getting around to happy snaps and sorting.

You know I like the long ones:

Wouldn't be a Ves update without some aussie film stuff:

I blame Chris:

Perty daybills (what else would you expect!):

• Nice posters and a few rare ones there.
  • We should do a global Twilight Zone - athon one weekend.
    I'm sure I have a bunch of episodes here...been ages.  Definately time for a rewatch.
  • Yeeeees!  We should pick a few of our favorite episodes.  Didn't we do this with an Eastwood film?  Unforgiven I think.  I have the entire series on disc. My dad had all the tapes by mail order and we watched them when I was a kid. I liked them because everyone was like a puzzle. So I thought I'd see how my daughter would like them.  She binged watch 2 seasons the first week. Then she got into some ninja competition show...
  • Great stuff Ves (of course!)  Especially like the Lorre Crack-Up but it fits much better in your stash ;)
  • Nice Ves...the Fatal Hour is very cool
  • Always liked Murder by an Aristocrat, it's a beut!

• Charlie said:
    Yeeeees!  We should pick a few of our favorite episodes.  Didn't we do this with an Eastwood film?  Unforgiven I think.  I have the entire series on disc. My dad had all the tapes by mail order and we watched them when I was a kid. I liked them because everyone was like a puzzle. So I thought I'd see how my daughter would like them.  She binged watch 2 seasons the first week. Then she got into some ninja competition show...

Excellent!  Will dig out the episodes and make sure I have them tonight if I get a chance.

And thanks for the loverly comments on the posters too guys.

• Charlie, nice still of Burgess Meredith-classic voice....

Ves- just amazing daybills! "Night My Number Came Up" and "I've Lived Before" are standouts for me!

•  Alas, I only have the later 90s series (which I am pretty sure I bought for my sister for xmas a few years back :o )

Will have to find the earlier series...could of sworn I had it...maybe I loaned it out...

I'm still in but need some time to get my ducks sorted.

• Fatal Hours for the win.
  • Great bunch Ves, but you just can't beat any Karloff poster..

• Wow, Ves! That is some lineup of posters.  Especially like Karloff's Fatal Hour, The FROGMEN and I've Lived Before.  They are all gorgeous!
  • edited August 2017
    I love that Rebecca poster with the shadow of the former Mrs. De Winter behind her. Weird tagline though.
  • I just brought these two to my local frame maker. Will hang them side by side. Theme: knife wielding maniacs :)image
  • Gruesomely sweet! 
  • Nice pick-ups Ronald, and when you've hung them...share the wall over here: http://vintagemoviepostersforum.com/categories/i-was-framed
  • The Belgians have always been nice.  Loverly posters!

• Nothing old, but I've been after this Advance for a while, ended up having to hassle the hell out of the production company for over a year before this unexpectedly arrived on the doorstep last week! It pays to be a pain in the ass! 

• Nice, Wil! It appears to be in....dare I say....Mint condition! =)
  • Nice, Wil! It appears to be in....dare I say....Mint condition! =)
    Thanks mate! There's actually a couple of minor handling marks/creases to the border, but requesting another could push my luck to far!
  • I did aquite one 'oldie', a bit battered, but nice to have a "100% talkie!"  B)

• That's a good un...