Skip to content

Weather Zone

Comments

• Well it's going to be interesting let's hope everyone stays safe and the sting is taken out of this heat as well.
  • You know you are an American when:  you have to google "300 mm to inches"...

You know you are from Houston Texas when: you see it is 11.81 inches and you say to yourself "that is not that much"...

Stay dry everyone!
  • How many VMPFers didn't survive the brutal Australian winter?

• Not everyone lives in Queensland (weather like Florida).

I remember being in Orlando mid-winter and sitting by the pool soaking up the rays, a few days later we were caught a plane North then drove from South Carolina to Atalanta....soooo cold. 

Charlie said:

You know you are from Houston Texas when: you see it is 11.81 inches and you say to yourself "that is not that much"...

hahaha, indeed.
  • It snowed in Texas last night and the whole state will most likely to shut down for the day...

• Sweet!!! Kids love the snow!
  • Pretty
  • Haha "snowed" in Texas  B)
  • Might have to crank up that fireplace.
  • In DC snow was routine but it's snowing/sleeting in NC and....

• :rofl:
  • It got to 28 F in Houston today and they basically closed the city.  And since I’ve will still be on the road tomorrow they have closed my offices for the second day in a row...
  • Gees....-2ºC That's cold!
  • Where is she/how cold?

• edited January 2018
    Yakutsk, Russia, residents regularly live in temperatures as low as -58°F  or -50°C

• Close, Siberia,-88F/-66C currently....
  • 75 here in az. partly sunny. just perfect for winter....
  • 75 here in az. partly sunny. just perfect for winter....
    It was quite balmy on court at the Australian Open yesterday, a mere 69°C or 156°F... expected to be hotter today, Melbourne temperature predicted to hit 42°C or 107°C - those tennis players need to harden up.

France's Gael Monfils is attended to by a trainer and tournament officials as the heat on court hits 69 degrees. 
  • Whoa! 107 is tough to be playing sports. What's the humidity at?
  • Humidity is at 18% at my place. 15% at the tennis.
  • Sheet! That's nothing! That's a dry 107.

am guessing Charlie ha some heat/humidity stories. I was in Tampa Florida last June & temp was 90 with 75% humidity. Miserable!  :s
  • Had to get up at 4:30 humidity was up close to 90%...sticky
  • David said:
    Had to get up at 4:30 humidity was up close to 90%...sticky
     :o ....now that's seriously uncomfortable!
  • It’s 99% here now...
  • So it's 75F/24C here today, very warm for the tail end of winter:

My apt is next to the pool. Normally, the "boldest of the bold" first wade into the pool on the date circled in yellow:

But last night some fool jumped into the pool ... and popped out 2 seconds later. I grabbed my camera to document this historical idiocy. I present to you the least-convincing photo eva:

• Just 4ºC/39F here with short bursts of hail and thunder.

• Nice! Love hail! Is that your backyard deck? When the barbecue?!  =)
  • edited August 2018
    Nice! Love hail! Is that your backyard deck? When the barbecue?!  =)
    Yep. A BBQ in this weather??? It won't be for a while. ;)