Skip to content

Weather Zone

1235»

Comments

• Matt said:
    Nice! Love hail! Is that your backyard deck? When the barbecue?!  =)
    Yep. A BBQ in this weather??? It won't be for a while. ;)
    Apparently you've never been invited to a Canadian BBQ ?☃️
  • Is Polar Bear tasty? We like smoke Skippy sometimes....
  • Matt said:
    Is Polar Bear tasty? We like smoke Skippy sometimes....
    Smoked peanut butter?! 

• Hate to tell you this.....but that ain't peanut butter you're spreading on your toast.
  • While we had 40+mm of rain yesterday, over the border in NSW they had something just as big.

https://www.facebook.com/bradley.atkins1/videos/10156345096214807/
  • It's 45°C ( 113F) atm , smoke haze from fires around the state. My little aircon is struggling to keep up with the pressure. Arghhhhh!!!!
  • I hate hot weather...
  • 45?!  Santa is not going to want any part of that

Meanwhile here it was -12 yesterday morning - much more to a jolly rotund guy's liking 
  • 113, piece of cake...-12!!! OH NO!

were sitting pretty with 67 during the days. :-)

• edited December 2019
    Fires continue to burn in the East of Victoria and South East N.S.W. Smoke and pyrocumulus clouds have now reached New Zealand. Thoughts are with the families and emergency workers affected. Winds and flames so intense, that small tornado was formed flipping an 10 ton fire truck on it's roof killing a firefighter an injuring 3 others.

• Oh my!. Fires which move quickly by wind  cause so much damage and loss of life.  We have fires  that occur every year in California.  Thoughts and prayers to those affected. 

• I have a  question that I have been meaning to ask here for some time now. Years ago I spent  about six days in  Texas U.S.A. ( not Texas in Queensland Australia ). The above image doesn't show the full intensity of the rain downpour.

My trip was in  June and everyday mid afternoon a heavy storm occured varying in length of time. Is this the usual weather pattern in Texas that happens on a regular basis at this time of year or was this just out of the norm? 

• Well being from Texas, I can say this does happen with some regularity. Especially, if there is a low pressure over/near the gulf. It sucks up moisture from the gulf and moves from southeast to northwest. Not sure where you were but if you were east of Austin that is most likely what you witnessed. They develop right off the coast all the time.
  • Charlie said:
    Well being from Texas, I can say this does happen with some regularity. Especially, if there is a low pressure over/near the gulf. It sucks up moisture from the gulf and moves from southeast to northwest. Not sure where you were but if you were east of Austin that is most likely what you witnessed. They develop right off the coast all the time.
    Houston, San Antonio and Houston. It also happened in New Orleans as well. Explains it all.
  • I recall being caught in a few huge storms in Memphis and New Orleans, including once where my wife was sick and we were caught in a holding pattern flying above New Orleans because of the lightning.