Skip to content

Recent hangings...

Comments

• Very recently I got clearance, and actually even a REQUEST for movie posters in the general living area of the house. It started with this corner here (the 1 sheet frames are from Spotlight Displays):

living room august 2019

And then the Mrs suggested that the Dementia 13 daybill get moved from the poster lair to above the tv:

living room over tv august 2019

And there's also a Blonde Bandit half sheet hanging on the other side of a doorway from the 1 sheets/insert, but it's close to a couple windows and thus far the pics have turned out prohibitively dark. I might have to try it at night and see if it works better. 

B)  B)
  • Whoa! Super fantastic Rock! He corner looks great and the Dementia is an attention getter and certain conversation piece! Well done, Mr. Framer! .....yeah, that sounds like a good moniker..... ;)
  • Wow making progress with the wife! Let the invasion expand! They look super Rock!
  • Not that there's many, but it's the best horizontal daybill out there!
  • Look amazing.  Well done on the framing and the invasion of wall space!
  • Thanks guys and gal! It’s surely a sign of the apocalypse when our significant others start asking for movie posters as general house decorations.  :open_mouth:
  • Nah, not apocalypse.  True love, or successful brainwashing.  You pick.?
  • Those are different things? It definitely takes me possessing some successful brainwashing skills to end up with true love. Either that or I found someone with desperately low standards and significant vision issues.  ;)
    Ohhhh, but you were talking about the request for posters. Cripes, you got me on that one.  :)
  • Bah.  She's a lucky lady.  
  • THE MADNESS CONTINUES! The Blonde Bandit half sheet proved too small for the space, so up went a couple Belgians. Sorry for the lighting issue in the photo. 

living room next to kitchen august 2019

And to the left of the Belgians, directly across from the pair of 1 sheets shown previously, 2 more 1 sheets were requested. These will not be the posters being displayed. I managed to get the wall measured out and the frames hung by the end of the day yesterday, but ran out of steam to find suitable posters to go in the frames. I'll have to update in a day or two. 

living room over stairs august 2019

That's all for now!  B)B)
  •  Wow! Those look fantastic, Rock! Love the narrow frames on the 1S's, it really sets off the poster artwork, which is just great! And those Belgians look great matted; again, hat off to you!
  • edited August 2019
    Thanks for your kind words, Mark. When it comes down to it, picking posters to go up on a wall is kind of like trying to find something to watch on tv. Lots and lots of choices, but I find myself saying “nah, not that one” an awful lot.
     I’ll find something groovy to go up there though.  :)
    p.s. I saw that you had a thread about Sue Heim and Hollywood Poster Frames. I just thought I’d mention that the 2 one sheet frames I just hung above the stairs came from Sue. I totally agree with you. She’s very kind, knowledgeable and thorough.
  • Great work Rock!. Posters are meant to shown for all their glory.
  • With the wife's final OK, it's off to the framers this morning! Sticking to black frame and white matt.
    Hopefully ready early October as they are quite busy.
    This will be my first 80's poster to be framed, so I'm quite excited!

• Have they finished your BTTF yet, Sven? If not, hopefully soon!

I've been fairly quiet lately, but I did finally get a framed 3 sheet up on the wall. I've had lots of 3 sheets tacked to the walls over the years, but this is the first one framed. I also have a handful of recent acquisitions, but I haven't taken the time to photograph them, and the auction pics are too crappy to use.

living room 3 sheet 10-19

B)  B)
  • Very cool display Rock!  Love the 3 sheet!

My bttf should be ready next week.

• Awesome Rock!  Is that a Spotlight frame for the three sheet?
  • Thanks, guys. Yeah it is, Chris.
  •  :o 

STUNNING!  I love that 3 Sheet!
  • Wow, that's huge!
  • Matt said:
    Wow, that's huge!
    (insert “that’s what she said” joke here)  ;)
  • Rock'n'on, rock
  • Finally back from the framers! Thanks to Tony and co. at http://www.moorabbinpictureframing.com.au/

• Looks great Sven! How much did he charge, if you don't mind me asking?
  • Thanks Matt!  Now to get it on the wall. Sure mate i pm'ed u on the price. 
  • Oh yeah! Looks great! Congratulations!
  • Sven said:
    Finally back from the framers! Thanks to Tony and co. at http://www.moorabbinpictureframing.com.au/

Looks great. I'm in Elwood so might pop in and get some framing done.

Peter
  • Well played Sven! Well played!