Skip to content

Recent hangings...

Comments

• Judging by the size of your new place, you'll have plenty more walls to fill with more goodies!
  • Looks great Charlie!
  • Looking museum-esque Charlie! Love how your chair rail creates a natural separation to place your pieces! And that Dial M is just great! 

African Queen DB! :)
  • Start of a swap out to see out 2020 and welcome a (hopefully) better 2021

• Great stuff!

Peter
  • Holy WOW! The Museum Of Modern Art in NYC has got nothing on the hallowed halls of the Babic museum. Nicely done.  :)
  • So jealous  :o
  • Holy One Sheets Batman!!!

• Just picked up yesterday and this is the only movie poster I have ever paid to have framed! Richer tones and more detailed than the W.E. daybill. Six inch rating circle seems more appropriate for a three sheet.

• Great poster Mark. Have you ever seen another copy of this one sheet?
  • Wow!

Here is a handy checklist to help tell eMoviePoster.com apart from all other major auctions!
    HAS lifetime guarantees on every item - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS unrestored and unenhanced images - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS 100% honest condition descriptions - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS auctions where the winner is the higher of two real bidders - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "buyers premiums" - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "reserves or starts over $1 - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS hidden bidder IDs - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS no customer service to speak of - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "nosebleed" shipping charges - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS inadequate packaging - NOT eMoviePoster.com

• Very nice Mark - looks great!  Is this copy laminated?  I thought there was one floating around like that...
  • edited July 2021
    I've had that poster for a few years. Got it off a fellow who purchased it from the Regal Theatre (Perth) in the 1970s. They auctioned off all the old posters and that's where Matt's Prince & Showgirl 1sht also originated from.
    Rear Window is backed, but not laminated. Was in a cheap frame with broken glass when I got it. Appears unused and I'm glad there is no white paper coming through from the folds. Never seen another Aussie 1sht.
    2.5m Terminator banner is next to go up on adjacent wall. Couple of framed daybills for 20K Leagues & To Kill Mockingbird will also get the nod. Plan to include some original deco cinema seating & a 1930s Aussie projector in the corner.

• Mark said:
    I've had that poster for a few years. Got it off a fellow who purchased it from the Regal Theatre (Perth) in the 1970s. They auctioned off all the old posters and that's where Matt's Prince & Showgirl 1sht also originated from.
    Rear Window is backed, but not laminated. Was in a cheap frame with broken glass when I got it. Appears unused and I'm glad there is no white paper coming through from the folds. Never seen another Aussie 1sht.
    2.5m Terminator banner is next to go up on adjacent wall. Couple of framed daybills for 20K Leagues & To Kill Mockingbird will also get the nod. Plan to include some original deco cinema seating & a 1930s Aussie projector in the corner.

Can't wait for more pictures!  Deco!  Yay!
  • Guy in NSW has these, but shipping to WA is holding me back from purchasing atm.

• Sounds like a road trip to me! Fly over, hire a van to drive back.

Peter
  • Price is not too bad, actually. Can get two rows of 3 for $1K all up delivered. They disassemble for shipping. Kind of hoping to buy local, but will see. Good thing about those ones is they have the decorative cast iron on both ends. Some aren't like that.
    Different styles below. You have to mount them on a wooden base / plank, so extra cost there.

• Very nice!

Peter
  • Bruce said:
    Wow!
    Make that a triple Wow from me!!!
  • Got this monster back up on the wall!

• Charlie said:

Got this monster back up on the wall!

Looks freakin' amazing!
  • Wow!
  • That looks stunning.  Perfect spot for it

• God dang, gees that looks great!
  • Hi Charlie, Very nice!  Did you get a frame locally or order one?  Okie
    Charlie said:

Got this monster back up on the wall!

• edited September 2021
    It is the craziest story… I bought this many years ago and had a spotlight (snap frame) made for it. They didn’t have sheeting big enough but convinced me that two sheets wouldn’t look bad and it really didn’t. But over a couple of years or so the sheets splits down the middle and they poster started pouring out. I tried many fixes but eventually rolled it up and put it in a corner.

I even bought an insert and hung it for a few or so years. Almost sold off the sixer at one point.

Then I am on Facebook and see someone else having framed a TCAT six sheet. I ask where/when - turns out a local Houston dealer sold it and found a place to get it framed. I call the dealer up and he is telling me about how this guy can source large plexi etc. he give me the name number. 

The framer was less than two miles from my front door. The other guy had flown into Houston and rented a truck to drive it back to Maine or something.

So I take mine in and they were like - we just framed one of these! 

He even delivered it for $20 since I was so close.

But this TCAT is a fighter - it already started rippling in the frame. Just this week I added some padding in the void behind the frame to compress the poster. It’s looking better after a few days.

Loving it for now!

• edited September 2021
    Hi Charlie,  Did you go ahead and put the larger plexi in the Spotlight Displays' frame or get a whole new frame?  I have some big Spotlight frames, though I like to move them around, take to shows sometimes to display. and have added wood support to those larger than a one sheet. Some large, archival foam core can provide support, too. I'm going to ask Spotlight on my next large frame to make the snap frame so it can accommodate some foam core as well.  Best, Okie