Skip to content

Screening Venues ( inside and out ) Featured In Motion Pictures film Quiz

Comments

•  Hitchcock's I Confess (1953)

• Wow that's cool Jay!
  • edited December 2020

jayn_j said:
     Hitchcock's I Confess (1953)

Correct. Not one of my favourite Hitchcock films. The back of Montgomery Clift's Catholic priest character is viewed in the scene.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

• I don't think I confess is anyone's favorite Hitchcock.

Curious why the other imwge is in screening venue thread?
  • jayn_j said:
    I don't think I confess is anyone's favorite Hitchcock.

Curious why the other imwge is in screening venue thread?
    The image appearing below is credited in being from  Once Upon a Tim in Hollywood. I was a little concerned if this scene was in the  actual film or just an image concocted for publicity purposes only, but due to certain factors I went with it appearing in the film.

I just finished fast forwarding through the film involved though and  the scene certainly doesn't appear to be iin the film, therefore the following  full image was used for publicity purposes only. It would have helped me to have seen the film in the first place and then my image would't have appeared at all.

The stars appear in costumes worn in the film and with all the films poster appearing in the background from the around the year the film is set I mistakenly thought the scene was possibly at a cinema preview. The part poster image I posted is from The Love God? ( 1969 ). In closer examination the image doesn' look 100% authentic.

Once Upon A Tine In Hollywood  ( 2019 )

• O.k. to make up for the last image here is one that definitely appeared in a film.

• HONDO said:

O.k. to make up for the last image here is one that definitely appeared in a film.

What is going on at the back of the cinema? This is the only clue that I am able to come up with.

• A final clue for the unanswered image above  -  a jazz connection on and off the screen.
  • HONDO said:

A final clue for the unanswered image above  -  a jazz connection on and off the screen.
    That sounds like La La Land.  Don't recall turbans in the audience scene and didn't see it in the search for LLLand images 
  • Oh gees. I am pretty sure I have seen the film.  They keep turning up during the film right?  Far out can't remember the film!  
  •  jayn_j said:
    HONDO said:

A final clue for the unanswered image above  -  a jazz connection on and off the screen.
    That sounds like La La Land.  Don't recall turbans in the audience scene and didn't see it in the search for LLLand images 
    It isn't La La Land.

While you are still trying to work out the last posted image's film title, here is another image to test your skills.

There are three films being advertised on billboards against the wall, but one of them is mainly obscured. Name the film title this image scene appears in, and a bonus point if you can name the title of the film on the far right.
  • I don't know what film the image is from but the obscured poster is The Great Gatsby.

Peter
  • edited January 2021
    I don't know what film the image is from but the obscured poster is The Great Gatsby.

Really well worked out Dede as there wasn't much to work with.

Since I  posted the image I have come to the realisation that this one is going to prove to be very difficult to answer.  

Some clues to help. Firstly the image is from a film from the mid 1970s. The film stars a huge Hollywood legend and was filmed mainly in Londom England. 

• sounds like Taxi Driver, but I can't find the smoking gun
  • "filmed mainly in Londom England" would SEEM to eliminate Taxi Driver.

UNLESS of course "Londom England" is what the Brits call New York City :smile: 

Here is a handy checklist to help tell eMoviePoster.com apart from all other major auctions!
    HAS lifetime guarantees on every item - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS unrestored and unenhanced images - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS 100% honest condition descriptions - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS auctions where the winner is the higher of two real bidders - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "buyers premiums" - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "reserves or starts over $1 - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS hidden bidder IDs - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS no customer service to speak of - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "nosebleed" shipping charges - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS inadequate packaging - NOT eMoviePoster.com

• Maybe 1978's The Big Sleep?

Here is a handy checklist to help tell eMoviePoster.com apart from all other major auctions!
    HAS auctions where the winner is the higher of two real bidders - IS eMoviePoster.com

• edited January 2021

Another clue then. A rare out of the saddle role.

Expanding the image a little.

• Brannigan.

John Wayne 1975

Peter
  • I should have got that! Good job.

• dedeposter said:
    Brannigan.

John Wayne 1975

Correct. I had thought that my last clue would do it. A rare non wesern role that John Wayne played in the latter part of his acting career. 

• HONDO said:
    HONDO said:

O.k. to make up for the last image here is one that definitely appeared in a film.

What is going on at the back of the cinema? This is the only clue that I am able to come up with.
    Final clue is that the film screening in the cinema is Salaam Bombay ( 1988 ).

• I think you need to put me out of my misery.
  • I think you need to put me out of my misery.
    O.k. then and to oblidge Ves the answer is Scenes From A Mall ( 1991 ). 

Obviously the crowd queuing up at the box office weren't intending to see Salaam Bombay.

In my original posted image that is Bette Midler and Woody Allen being friendly up the back of the cinema near the surfboard.

• I wasn't even close.
  • Oh man, that was not what I was thinking AT ALL!

• A famous actor appears in the above scene walking down the cinema aisle.

The film posters advertising a very famous film should help to date the period. The big drawback here is that the scene is dark and with the poster images being small it is very difficult to distinguish what the film title is being advertised. On saying that though, a very small portion only of a recent The Great Gatsby image was identified here on this thread so I believe it is gettable. I most likely need to state that the film is Australian.
  • HONDO said:

A famous actor appears in the above scene walking down the cinema aisle.

The film posters advertising a very famous film should help to date the period. The big drawback here is that the scene is dark and with the poster images being small it is very difficult to distinguish what the film title is being advertised. On saying that though, a very small portion only of a recent The Great Gatsby image was identified here on this thread so I believe it is gettable. I most likely need to state that the film is Australian.

I need to clarify that when I said that the film is Australian I was refering to the overall film image to be identified, and not the posters being advertised ourside the cinema. 
  • Rex cinema one is driving me bonkers!  Is it Clockwork Orange in the image?
  • Rex cinema one is driving me bonkers!  Is it Clockwork Orange in the image?
    Yes it is. You now know the decade of the Australian film image awaiting to be identified.

• HONDO said:

A famous actor appears in the above scene walking down the cinema aisle.

Further clues are that appearing on the screen is a Japanese film. There were two directors credited in the making of this movie. An interesting plot change had to be made before the film could start production.