Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Two Different Original Styles Of The Same Daybill Designs.

HONDOHONDO Member, Wizard of Aus Posters Posts: 7,464 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector

Sven on the An American In Paris thread has made a great suggestion that we should start a separate thread on  first release daybills that had two different designs. Three BEF daybills have been mentioned  and these  being North West Frontier, Robbery Under Arms and Reach For The Sky.

I mentioned on the other thread there were many Richardson / Paramount titles from the 1920's through to the 1950's that fall into this category. I have a list of those I am aware of. I also mentioned that there have been many daybills over the years where two different styles were sold as both being original when one was a re-release. Some examples are ---

Planet Of The Apes

North By Northwest

Butterfield 8

Africa Screams

Cat On A Hot Tin Roof

The Outlaw

This sort of subject is right up my alley so let's clear up a few misconceptions about some daybills. If you have any daybills with two different designs that you believe are both first release let me know the titles or better still post the images. 

Hondo

Lawrence

Comments