Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Where Are These Daybills?

12346»

Comments

• theartofmovieposterstheartofmovieposters Member Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector
    Rick said:
    Let me know if that owner happens to want to part with LMT so a dedicated Elvis fan can complete his daybill collection.

Yeah, that would be a no.  They are just as dedicated as you are...

• DavidDavid Administrator Posts: 10,111 admin
  • RickRick Member Posts: 683 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    wow. I need a room like that. Just that one daybill slot to fill
  • RickRick Member Posts: 683 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    how does the owner have the posters attached to the wall?
  • CSM_2_Point_0CSM_2_Point_0 Member Posts: 756 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    I hope those are magnets!
    -Chris

There's a street of lights

A long dark night
    Restaurant scenes
    And dark machines...

• HONDOHONDO Member Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector

An owner of the daybill for Love Me Tender graciously agreed for me to share with you this much better image, and based off this picture, we have a winner.  Printed by Robert Burton as suggested by Lawrence.  Case closed now?

Very happy. Case is indeed closed. Pity the Robert Burton credit was missing from the original Love Me Tender image that was posted. One thing to finish up with  is it is rare for Robert Burton's credit to be in red or any other colour. Usually printed in blue / black.
    Lawrence

A big thank you for all those who have contributed images since my last updated list of missing daybills was listed on the thread.

Found and now displayed are -

Home From The Hill

Living Idol, The

Love Me Tender

Make Haste To Live

Sun Shines Bright, The

Ten Seconds To Hell

Thanks to Ves, Wil, John, Bruce and the unidentified Love Me Tender owner.

Was previously 35 missing but now 29 to find. Slowly whittling them down. Please keep looking.

Lawrence
    HONDO said:

An owner of the daybill for Love Me Tender graciously agreed for me to share with you this much better image, and based off this picture, we have a winner.  Printed by Robert Burton as suggested by Lawrence.  Case closed now?

Very happy. Case is indeed closed. Pity the Robert Burton credit was missing from the original Love Me Tender image that was posted. One thing to finish up with  is it is rare for Robert Burton's credit to be in red or any other colour. Usually printed in blue / black. 

For those who still wish to see the Love Me Tender daybill, here is my good deed for the day.

Lawrence
  • JohnJohn Member, Dealer Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter
    Svens picture of Affair to Remember seems to have disappeared into the wilderness so here is another image ....

John

• MattMatt Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 4,702 admin
  • theartofmovieposterstheartofmovieposters Member Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector
    Scared Stiff Australian Daybill

The Diary of Anne Frank Australian Daybill:

Thanks for both John and Ves for reinstating some nice images.
    Lawrence

Craig's image of The Conqueror ( 1956 ), which I had copied, is back.
    Lawrence
    edited March 30

To be added to the list of missing daybills, particularly of interest to Bogart fans, and for Ves who loves David Niven, are the following.

Dead End ( 1937 ), Re-released by Ray Films in Australia in 1954.

Raffles  ( 1939 ).  Re-released by Ray Films in Australia in 1954.

For any interested parties don't hold out too much hope for great looking daybills turning up though. They most likely will have been drawn in a similar style to The Westerner and Wuthering Heights, films also from the back catalogue of Samuel Goldwyn, and re-released in Australia circa 1954.

Dead End and Raffles mentioned in the  Australian Women's Weekly City film guide from a 1954 publication.

As this thread was introduced to cover missing Australian film daybills from the 1950's and the 1960's, I rarely mention films released before or after this period. In this case though I will mention that the original The Westerner ( 1940 ) and Wuthering Heights ( 1939 ) United Artists long daybills are also missing in action.

Lawrence