Skip to content

Where Are These Daybills?

Comments

• Rick said:
    Let me know if that owner happens to want to part with LMT so a dedicated Elvis fan can complete his daybill collection.

Yeah, that would be a no.  They are just as dedicated as you are...

• wow. I need a room like that. Just that one daybill slot to fill
  • how does the owner have the posters attached to the wall?
  • I hope those are magnets!
  • An owner of the daybill for Love Me Tender graciously agreed for me to share with you this much better image, and based off this picture, we have a winner.  Printed by Robert Burton as suggested by Lawrence.  Case closed now?

Very happy. Case is indeed closed. Pity the Robert Burton credit was missing from the original Love Me Tender image that was posted. One thing to finish up with  is it is rare for Robert Burton's credit to be in red or any other colour. Usually printed in blue / black.
  • A big thank you for all those who have contributed images since my last updated list of missing daybills was listed on the thread.

Found and now displayed are -

Home From The Hill

Living Idol, The

Love Me Tender

Make Haste To Live

Sun Shines Bright, The

Ten Seconds To Hell

Thanks to Ves, Wil, John, Bruce and the unidentified Love Me Tender owner.

Was previously 35 missing but now 29 to find. Slowly whittling them down. Please keep looking.

• HONDO said:

An owner of the daybill for Love Me Tender graciously agreed for me to share with you this much better image, and based off this picture, we have a winner.  Printed by Robert Burton as suggested by Lawrence.  Case closed now?

Very happy. Case is indeed closed. Pity the Robert Burton credit was missing from the original Love Me Tender image that was posted. One thing to finish up with  is it is rare for Robert Burton's credit to be in red or any other colour. Usually printed in blue / black. 

For those who still wish to see the Love Me Tender daybill, here is my good deed for the day.

• Svens picture of Affair to Remember seems to have disappeared into the wilderness so here is another image ....

• Thanks John!
  • Scared Stiff Australian Daybill

• The Diary of Anne Frank Australian Daybill:

• Thanks for both John and Ves for reinstating some nice images.

• Craig's image of The Conqueror ( 1956 ), which I had copied, is back.
  • edited March 2018

To be added to the list of missing daybills, particularly of interest to Bogart fans, and for Ves who loves David Niven, are the following.

Dead End ( 1937 ), Re-released by Ray Films in Australia in 1954.

Raffles  ( 1939 ).  Re-released by Ray Films in Australia in 1954.

For any interested parties don't hold out too much hope for great looking daybills turning up though. They most likely will have been drawn in a similar style to The Westerner and Wuthering Heights, films also from the back catalogue of Samuel Goldwyn, and re-released in Australia circa 1954.

Dead End and Raffles mentioned in the  Australian Women's Weekly City film guide from a 1954 publication.

As this thread was introduced to cover missing Australian film daybills from the 1950's and the 1960's, I rarely mention films released before or after this period. In this case though I will mention that the original The Westerner ( 1940 ) and Wuthering Heights ( 1939 ) United Artists long daybills are also missing in action.

• An image you're looking for Lawrence?

• Since when have you strayed into Westerns?
  • Since when have you strayed into Westerns?
    Don't worry Ves - it is listed on eBay and I noticed it ??
  •    
    Thanks Chris for sharing the wonderful Marchant daybill image.

I thought I would share the following newspaper article from 1954, talking about the Samuel Goldwyn back catalogue re-releases purchased by Ray Films in Australia. I had previously mentioned this topic on March 30 of this year. Sorry for the quality of the article but that is how it came.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      
  • Very interesting!  Thanks for posting 

• Shadow Of The Boomerang ( 1960 ) daybill has just turned up through Bruce. Not the best artwork by any means but it is rare filmed in Australia title.

• Shadow Of The Boomerang is doing well at present in Bruce's auction.
  • Who would have predicted that this daybill would be currently the daybill poster at the top of the bidding at $321 bid.
  • Good luck to everyone bidding.  I recognise some names this time around.
    Looking forward to seeing who snags what!
  • I'm expecting to see a LOT of posts in the June 2018 thread tomorrow!

Here is a handy checklist to help tell eMoviePoster.com apart from all other major auctions!
    HAS lifetime guarantees on every item - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS unrestored and unenhanced images - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS 100% honest condition descriptions - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS auctions where the winner is the higher of two real bidders - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "buyers premiums" - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "reserves or starts over $1 - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS hidden bidder IDs - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS no customer service to speak of - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "nosebleed" shipping charges - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS inadequate packaging - NOT eMoviePoster.com

• Ad for Doctor X with Fay Wray. No Aussie paper sighted that I know of.

• Another Fay Wray that must have been an awesome daybill.

• I certainly agree with Mark that the daybill produced for this 1933 film Below The Sea should have been impressive. The Australian ad block material used in the newspaper advertisement is very similar to this U.S. artwork on this poster, so the Australian daybill artwork , one would think, would be somewhat similar in design. The Columbia Pictures logo from this period looks great and the wonderful design and colour really stand out.
  • Personally, I rate Kong as No.2 on list of all-time most desirable titles, just behind Metropolis.
    Question is: will a first release Australian poster ever turn up?