Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Hondo's This And That

1235»

Comments

• EisenhowerEisenhower Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 4,041 admin

Very cool, Lawrence! Nice investigative work! Agree Ves, would love to see a color copy....or one come up for auction!  :)
  • HONDOHONDO Member, Wizard of Aus Posters Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector
    HONDO said:

Previously announced as coming here on this thread, but the film that the image comes from will now be covered at a later time, on the 'Australia At War Poster' thread.

Lawrence

The Alamo ( 1960 ). Just in case anyone hasn't picked up on this there are two first release daybills existing for The Alamo. They look the same but there are a few differences.
    Lawrence

The Japanese Bowl ( 1930 ). One of many shorts filmed by Warner Bros in early two-strip Technicolor. There looks like there are more than a few pretenders in the chorus. I have just discovered this image, and seeing it is such a glorious looking poster I though I would share it here.
    Lawrence

Great 1959  U.S.A. four film horror program screening promotion. 
    Lawrence

Thanks Lawrence. Interesting title changes to say the least. It's quite a statement on censorship when "racier" titles are always found in the US. And quite comical in many cases.

A Hill In Korea ( 1956 ) original U.K.title. Released in the U.S. as Hell In Korea

Eureka Stockade ( 1949 ) original U.K. title. Released in the U.S. as Massacre Hill

The Full Treatment ( 1960 ) original U.K.title. Released in the U.S. as Stop Me Before I Kill!

Cheers.

The Treasure Of San Teresa ( 1959 ) original U.K. title and the more sensational U.S.A. title  used when released there. 
    Lawrence
     1961 RR

1961 RR

1961 RR
     1961 RR

American International Pictures 4 films at the one screening programming idea to collect a few more dollars for the A.I.P. coffers in the U.S.A.
    Lawrence
  • collectaholliccollectahollic Member Posts: 745 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    Another configuration of the Exorcist US One Sheet as used in New Zealand Lawrence.

Wil
  • collectaholliccollectahollic Member Posts: 745 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    edited October 18
    HONDO said:

The star of the film Charles Jones later changed his name to Buck Jones, and went on to become one of the greatest 'B' movie western stars of the 1920's up the 1940's. He died at the age of 50 in a fire in 1942.

On the subject of 'Buck', I was visiting a collector friend today and although he's not into posters (Blasphemy!!), he pulled out a couple of old Daybills he picked up at a garage sale in the late 70's. He recalls they were in a pile of daybills from the same era, that had all been laminated (sacrilege!) post a house fire to keep them in one piece. 

One of the two was this 'Buck Jones in Against All Odds'

Unrelated to buck, but he also had this beauty: Curly Top

Post edited by collectahollic on
    Wil