Skip to content

Where Are These Daybills?

Comments

• edited December 2015

First time for me. Have others seen this gem before? Prefer daybill or insert ?

• I sold one of these about ten years ago. Great poster!

• I have seen the AU1SH, found under some floorboards...pretty magnificent, Daybill is great
  •         The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty ( Early 1960s re-release ) ( Lawrence /John )                                  Valerie ( Sven )

Two more images since located to update images of missing daybills found. Danny's image passable but Virginia Mayo's image is terrible.

• I'm sure I've seen an original release Misty daybill.
  •  Misty ( 1961 ).

Here it is Ves.

• Sorry autocorrect strikes again, an original Mitty daybill with Kaye. 
  • edited June 2016
                                        The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty ( early 1960s re-release ) and the original 1947 daybill.
  • Danny!
  • Yeah that's it.  Very nice.
  •   A Kaye-lossal newspaper advertisement for the film.
  • "Kaye-lossal" lol
  • Anyone ever seen the daybill for:

I Married An Angel (1944)

• Stop trying to get out of the dog house with your wife David...
  • David said:
    Anyone ever seen the daybill for:

I Married An Angel (1944)

Never ever.  

• Will post a better pic at some point in the future...
  • Thanks for posting Chris. A better pic later on would be appreciated for my files. At the moment this size is all I get. 
    p.jpg 6.5K
  • Size isn't everything....
  • David said:
    Size isn't everything....
    Said the owner of a Cleopatre French 2-Panel!   ;)
  • I'll show you mine if you show me yours... ;)
  • My wi-Fi just crashed!!!
  • Thanks for the image Chris.

• If I may be so bold...can I add a request for some 'modern' daybills that I feel should exist, but I've never seen? All the films were released in Aussie cinemas and one sheets exist for all of them:

* I Know What You Did Last Summer (1997) - a daybill exists for the sequel from 1998.
    * Scream 2 (1997).
    * Copycat (1995).
    * Fear (1996).
    * Wes Craven's New Nightmare (1994).
    * Disturbing Behaviour (1998).
    * Event Horizon (1997).
    * The Hitcher (1986).

Daybills were still produced into the early 2000s - I have a couple from 2003, so there's no immediate, obvious reason why these titles aren't around.

Needless to say, I've got good $$$ for any of these titles in basically any condition  =)
  • I'm sure I've seen Copycat (Weaver movie right?)
  • Oh and technical, at this time period wouldn't they really have been MINIS esp the lat 90s ones?
  • My imput is that there most likely would have been daybills printed for most, if not all, of the eight titles you mentioned  that were released between 1986 and 1998. Around the beginning of the 2000's, daybills were almost extinct and any that were produced were far and few between and only printed for major titles it seems.

• I've never sighted a l know what you did last summer daybill but have the one sheet. Been looking for 10 plus years.
  • Oh and technical, at this time period wouldn't they really have been MINIS esp the lat 90s ones?
    I still refer to them as daybills even though they got smaller towards the late 2000's - 13" x 20" approx.
  • The films weren't that long ago, Roadshow distributed Disturbing Behavior (1998), New Nightmare (1994), and Scream 2 (1997) - how can we be so sure Daybill were printed?