Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Musical Film Quiz

123457»

Comments

• jayn_jjayn_j Member, Singin Dancing Fool, Lobby Master Posts: 836 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    HONDO said:

jayn_j said:
    Ok, that does it.  Backstage 1937. Another I've never heard of.

Yes it is. I thought someone would get to answer it once the clues were re-examined following the Sunny poster design being added to the thread.  
    Actually, it wasn't nearly that easy.  Going to IMDB with her name got me a list of 42 films.  However, many of them, including Backstage didn't have any images.  Doing a google search for 'Anna Neagle' just got a lot of head shots.  The search that paid off was 'Anna Neagle movie poster images'

Google search is a tool, but often it is less than magic and needs some fooling around to get the results you need.
    - Jay -
    Curmudgeon in training 
  • HONDOHONDO Member Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭✭✭✭ Le Grande Collector

Some good persistant investigative work is often reqired. Good work Jay.

information for # 35.

Limelight aka Backstage was released in Australia in 1936 under the title of Street Singer's Serenade.

( Trove )

A newspaper article promotinng screenings of Street Singer's Serenade in Perth WA in September1936. The film was also released in New Zeand with the Street Singer's Serenade title also in 1936.

It would appear that from the above advance publicity publised in Great Britain in 1936 that the film was titled Street Singer's Serenade. It was changed possibly at the last minute to Limelight when released  in G.B. I Am thinking it was most likely too late in Australia and New Zealand to change the film's title. 
    Lawrence

Two more images to tackle. I will rest my contributions to this quiz for a period of time after these two images are hopefully answered.

I will replace this quiz involement in the future with the previously popular Actresses Legs Qui.z 

Lawrence

Number 38 clue is that another film of the same name was filmed and released ten years later. The style of outfits that are worn by the two pictured leads in the image should help also.

39 clue is that this film was released in the1940s by Universal Pictures.

Lawrence

Seeing no responses received I will reveal that the answer for 38 is No, No, Nanette ( 1930 ) and for 39 it is Babes On Swing Street ( 1944 ).

That's all for the time being. See you later on with Actresses Legs Quiz.
    Lawrence