Skip to content

What Happened To The Australian Daybills?

15678911»

Comments

• That reissue daybill is likely better than the original, given the average art of Warner daybills I've seen from the late 30's.
  • Murder Is My Beat Daybill (not mine)

• An excellent looking Murder Is My Beat ( 1955 ) Richardson Studio designed poster, A big thank you to Ves for sharing the image here.

Murder Is My Beat, although being released in the U.S.A, in 1955 this film was only released in Sydney on April 8, 1960. The reason for the delayed Australian release was due to the time period that Allied Artists took switching their Australian distributor from United Artists to Paramount  in the late 1950's. RKO Radio were originally in place to distribute the AA product, but they ceased distribution thus not allowing for this to take place.

By the time Paramount Australia were organised to release AA product there was a big backlog of their product to release, along with their own Paramount product.This unwanted situation resulted in there being too much overall product, and not enough cinemas to release their films in.

Murder Is My Beat, would have been one of the last daybills from Richardson Studio that were distributed in the marketplace in the early to mid 1960's.

Another daybill image found. Slowing chipping away in the quest to locate missing daybill images. One never knows what titles may turn up next.
  • Not sure if this is on the missing list, but I couldn't find another image. Watched the film on Tubi. B crime - 6/10.
    Interesting variation on the rating.

• I have never sighted this I Mobster daybill previously. Thanks for including if here.

I will have some information on the Strictly For Adults Only rating, along with the For General Exhibition Not Suitable For Children Under 12, and the For General Exhibition Not Suitable For Children Under 14 ratings in the near future. 
  • HONDO said:

I will have some information on the Strictly For Adults Only rating, along with the For General Exhibition Not Suitable For Children Under 12, and the For General Exhibition Not Suitable For Children Under 14 ratings in the near future. 
    The information mentioned above will in due course be included in the ''All Things Film  Censorship Related'' thread.