Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

What Happened To The Australian Daybills?

14567810»

Comments

• CSM_2_Point_0CSM_2_Point_0 Member, Super Sleuth Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter
    edited March 13
    HONDO said:
    I am 90% sure an Aussie one sheet for Man They Could Not Hang was listed on eBay for a very long time.  The seller may have been memphis777.  It looked basically just like the US poster pictured here - but, not having any foresight into this thread's eventual existence, I never saved a pic ;)

I concur with Chris.  I am sure I have seen an aussie one sheet SOMEWHERE, but like Chris...who the feck knew to keep a copy of the image!

Hopefully one day the image will turn up for us to see.

Another Karloff film title then a Lugosi to follow it. After that would you like to see obscure PRC, Monogram and other obscure poverty row titles or some classic film titles, such as in the genre of musicals and film noir ?

It's back...

-Chris

There's a street of lights

A long dark night
    Restaurant scenes
    And dark machines...

• HONDOHONDO Member Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭✭ Le Grande Collector

Impressive design. if an australian daybill ever surfaces it should be a beauty.   

Lawrence
  • HONDOHONDO Member Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭✭ Le Grande Collector
    HONDO said:
    HONDO said:

Killer's Kiss ( 1955 ) directed by Stanley Kubrick  &  Odds Against Tomorrow ( 1959 ) directed by Robert Wise.How rare would the very low budget Killer's Kiss have to be? Odds Against Tomorrow is a great film noir movie, filmed in black and white on location in New York City. I am not surprised a daybill for Killer's Kiss hasn't turned up, but I thought Odds Against Tomorrow daybills  have to be out there somewhere.

Odds Against Tomorrow daybill image recently revealed by Sven on another thread. Gloria Grahame pictured on the insert but Shelly winters appears on the daybill. Both posters effective for this great film. .

Both the Australian daybill and Australian one sheet of Killer's Kiss. The O.S. is from Ves, but not sure where the daybill image originated from though.

Slowly but surely the daybill images are turning up, but there are still a lot not sighted yet, including some very known titles from the 1950s.
    Lawrence