Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

War Movies Quiz

1252627282931»

Comments

• theartofmovieposterstheartofmovieposters Member Posts: 4,295 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector
    254.  I feel like this is The Lighthorsemen?
  • jayn_jjayn_j Member, Singin Dancing Fool, Lobby Master Posts: 689 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    255 - Heaven Knows, Mr Allison (1957)

- Jay -
    Curmudgeon in training 
  • HONDOHONDO Member Posts: 8,648 ✭✭✭✭✭✭ Le Grande Collector
    254.  I feel like this is The Lighthorsemen?
    Sorry Ves but The Ligthorsemen ( 1987 ) isn't the answer. I can understand why you thought this though.The image is from a film released much later in time though.

jayn_j said:
    255 - Heaven Knows, Mr Allison (1957)

Correct Jay. Well done as the image isn't indicating what the actual film's contents overall contain. A captivating film starring only Deborah Kerr and Robert Mitchum. Other than the actors playing the Japanese soldiers that's the full cast.
    Lawrence
  • theartofmovieposterstheartofmovieposters Member Posts: 4,295 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector
    Much later you say.   Hmmmm....
    HONDO said:

254

256 

Clues for # 254 - think of a different mode of transport a lot different from what appears in the image. # 256 clue is that  the film was based on a play and when filmed at one time previously a version of the film was set mainly in the air, and not the trenches of World War 1.

Lawrence
  • jayn_jjayn_j Member, Singin Dancing Fool, Lobby Master Posts: 689 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    #256 - Journey's End (2018)

Was hoping someone else would jump in.
    - Jay -
    Curmudgeon in training 
    jayn_j said:
    #256 - Journey's End (2018)
    Correct again and also credited as being a 2017 release. An experience to be had is in seeing a stage presentation of Journey's End, with one never likely to forget the ending.

The film version  that was set in the skies instead of the trenches that I had referred to in my earlier clue is Aces High ( 1976 ),

Lawrence
    HONDO said

Clue for # 254 - think of a different mode of transport a lot different from what appears in the image. 

Final clue is that the main star of the film has been in the news only just recently.

Lawrence

# 254 answer is Fury  ( 2014 ). 

Lawrence
    If you say so.  Even after knowing the title, I wasn't able to find anything with that image.  Could you post the full image?
    - Jay -
    Curmudgeon in training 
    jayn_j said:
    If you say so.  Even after knowing the title, I wasn't able to find anything with that image.  Could you post the full image?
    I believe this scene appears at the beginning of Fury. A German S.S. Lieutenant on a white Spanish Arabian stallion appears out or a fog. He ends up being killed by Brad Pitt's character sergeant Don Collier.. 

The scene that I presented appears on the IMDB website  as image 111 of 163 photos.  The image presented is the complete image that appears there.

Hope this helps Jay. 

Lawrence
    damn.  IMDB is one of my goto sites and I looked at all 163 of those images.  Skipped right over it :)
    - Jay -
    Curmudgeon in training