Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Actresses Legs Quiz

1202122232426»

Comments

• jayn_jjayn_j Member, Singin Dancing Fool, Lobby Master Posts: 728 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    168 -  Ann Margaret in Viva Las Vegas (1864)

A guilty pleasure of mine with the pair, the car racing and the songs

- Jay -
    Curmudgeon in training 
  • HONDOHONDO Member Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭✭✭✭ Le Grande Collector
    169 looks familiar but I can't place it!
    There was a remake of this film released 35 years later.

jayn_j said:
    168 -  Ann Margaret in Viva Las Vegas (1864)

A guilty pleasure of mine with the pair, the car racing and the songs

Correct, but the year was 1964 of course which is what you were intending to say.  :)  I agree 100% with your commrnts and the wonderful Ann Margret was certainly the most exciting actress to appear in a film playiing opposite Elvis.

Lawrence

# 169 final clue is that the film was adapted from a successful and initially notorious novel.
    Lawrence
  • theartofmovieposterstheartofmovieposters Member Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector
    Aha!  Postman always rings twice...the gorgeous Lana Turner
    Aha!  Postman always rings twice...the gorgeous Lana Turner
    It certainly is Lana from the original 1946 version of The Postman Always Rings Twice, seen below with John Garfield.   

Remade in a much more steamier version in 1981 with Jack Nicholson and Jessica Lange.

Lawrence
    edited July 29

!70                                                                            & 171

There shouldn't be any problems in finding the answers here for these two.

172. On the other hand I would think this one as perhaps being a little more difficult though, but one never knows.

Lawrence
  • jayn_jjayn_j Member, Singin Dancing Fool, Lobby Master Posts: 728 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    HONDO said:

172. On the other hand I would think this one as perhaps being a little more difficult though, but one never knows.

Always up for a challenge.  I believe it is Faye Spain in God's Little Acre (1958)

Can only find small images

but IMDB has a 8x10 glossy with a similar, and much better image

- Jay -
    Curmudgeon in training 
  • theartofmovieposterstheartofmovieposters Member Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector
    170.  Emma Stone in La La Land.
    jayn_j said:
    HONDO said:

Always up for a challenge.  I believe it is Faye Spain in God's Little Acre (1958)

Good work and it is Fay Spain shown in your above posted image with Buddy Hackett.

Another image of Fay Spain showing a little more that her legs in this scene from the film.

theartofmovieposters said:
    170.  Emma Stone in La La Land.
    Correct and La La Land ( 2016 ) is the film that at the 2017 Oscar ceremony was incorrectly named Best Film instead of Moonlight. Emma Stone seen below dancing with Ryan Gosling. I personally thought it was a great film.

Lawrence

171. A clue is a  famous pair of legs are certainly featured above.
    Lawrence
  • BruceBruce Member, Captain Movie Poster Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter
    Marilyn in River of No Return?

We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 3,000 auctions every other week + 6 major auctions a year.
    See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html
    HONDO said:

171. A clue is a  famous pair of legs are certainly featured above.
    Bruce said:
    Marilyn in River of No Return?

Yes, it is indeed Mariln Monroe as she appeared in the early Cinemascope film River Of No Return from 1954. Apart from Marilyn some magnificent scenery appears in this film.

Lawrence
    edited August 3

173                                                   & 174

Last two entries for a while. Both famous actresses, but one of them usually was cast in more sexier roles that the other throughout their careers.
    Lawrence
  • BruceBruce Member, Captain Movie Poster Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter
    The first one sure looks like Deborah Kerr from From Here to Eternity.
    We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 3,000 auctions every other week + 6 major auctions a year.
    See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html
    Bruce said:
    The first one sure looks like Deborah Kerr from From Here to Eternity.
    # 173 is certainly the lovely Deborah Kerr from the 1953 film From Here To Eternity, seen below with Burt Lancaster. Well remembered Bruce.

Lawrence
    #174 - Sophia Loren in Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow (1963)

The only tie I found to the movie title was on this French Vogue article
    https://www.vogue.fr/fashion-culture/galerie/diaporamasophia-loren-in-ten-vintage-shots37151?image=5c360fa951fe631c9620c25a

- Jay -
    Curmudgeon in training 
    jayn_j said:
    #174 - Sophia Loren in Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow (1963)

The only tie I found to the movie title was on this French Vogue article
    https://www.vogue.fr/fashion-culture/galerie/diaporamasophia-loren-in-ten-vintage-shots37151?image=5c360fa951fe631c9620c25a

Correct and thanks for the article. I noticed it has a major error in the captionIng of one the images though of Sophia.

Incorrectly listed as 6 / 25 Sophia Loren in Yesterday, Today And Tomorrow ( 1963 ). This scene is from The Millionairess ( 1960 ). A major error from French Vogue magazine one would have to think.

Lawrence