Skip to content

War Movies Quiz

Comments

• #244 Western Approaches (1944)

• #245 When Hell Boke Loose (1958)

• jayn_j said:
    #244 Western Approaches (1944)

Correct and well done. This British film was titled The Raider in the U.S.A. Posters of Western Approaches from any counrty are extremelly rare, but the follwing Australian one sheet is quite nice. 

Matt said:
    #245 When Hell Boke Loose (1958)

Also correct and well spotted.

A clue for the remaining unsolved # 246 entry image is that this scene is from a little known 'B' grade film released by Republic Pictures in the 1940s. This is by far the hardest image to be able to identify from the last three that I posted, and probably the most difficult one that I have ever presented here on this quiz to be identified. 
  • Women in War for 246
  • edited January 2020
    Women in War for 246

( 1940 )

Correct and well done Ves.

•                                                                                                              247

248

Two more images from World War 11 set films that shouldn't present a problem one would think.   
  • #248 - Battle Cry 1954 (although IMDB says us release was Feb, 1955.
  • 247 - The McKenzie Break (1970)
  • Matt said:
    247 - The McKenzie Break (1970)

jayn_j said:
    #248 - Battle Cry 1954 (although IMDB says us release was Feb, 1955.

Both correct and well done.

•                                                                                                 249                      

250    

251

Three more images of films set during World War 11 to think about.
  • 249 is very easy.  251 not much harder.  Haven't figured out 250,  I'll post tomorrow if someone else hasn't jumped in.
  • 249 - a recent blockbuster and an iconic moment. Nuff said.

251 - The Best of Enemies (1961).  David Niven

• jayn_j said:

251 - The Best of Enemies (1961).  David Niven

Correct again Jay.

•                                                                                                         252 

While we are waiting to hopefully receive results for the remaining two unanswered  images, including the easy one, how about this one then. I just love this image which wasn't as far as I can see used to publicise this film in any other sighted poster material except in this instance.
  • 252 - Night of the Generals (1967)  Apparently it was used in the German poster

• Oops.  Italian??
  • jayn_j said:
    252 - Night of the Generals (1967)  Apparently it was used in the German poster

jayn_j said:
    Oops.  Italian??

Correct answer and yes an Italian poster, and as previously mentioned I haven't seen these images used on any other poster material for  The Night Of The Generals. A good film but I thought Omar Sharif was miscast in the film.

•                                                                                                           253 

Another image that I like and this one, along with 249 and 250, now makes a total of three images for people to hopefully answer.                       
  • HONDO said:

249                      

250
     Clues for the above unsolved two images.

249. A number of members have commented on this film in the past.

250. A co-production. There was an interesting poster design produced for this film.

• 250 - Letters From Iwo Jima? (2006)  Can't find the exact photo, but see similar ones.

Hmmm, I shouldn't be the only one responding.
  • 249 looks like a more modern movie.  (Or maybe its just the image)
    What was that one that was huge a couple years back and it had one of the guys from that boy band?

• 249 looks like a more modern movie.  (Or maybe its just the image)
    What was that one that was huge a couple years back and it had one of the guys from that boy band?

Good thinking Ves, now all we need is the title.

• Ok, google here I come...
  • jayn_j said:
    250 - Letters From Iwo Jima? (2006)  Can't find the exact photo, but see similar ones.

Sorry Jay but # 250 isn't Letters From Iwo Jima ( 2006 ). The film was released much much earlier.

Ves heard you.
  • edited February 2020
    249. Dunkirk (2017)
  • 249. Dunkirk (2017)
    Correct and thank you Ves.

• 250. None But The Brave (1965) - took a bit of work!
  • HONDO said:
    jayn_j said:
    250 - Letters From Iwo Jima? (2006)  Can't find the exact photo, but see similar ones.

Sorry Jay but # 250 isn't Letters From Iwo Jima ( 2006 ). The film was released much much earlier.

Ves heard you.
    This was the image I found from Letters From Iwo Jima.  You can see why I thought I had it.

To make up, #253 is Devil's Brigade (1968)

• edited February 2020
    250. None But The Brave (1965) - took a bit of work!
    Correct Ves.

jayn_j  said:
    This was the image I found from Letters From Iwo Jima.  You can see why I thought I had it.

To make up, #253 is Devil's Brigade ( 1968 )
    Yes understandable thinking there Jay. You did make up though by answering The Devil's Bridade correctly.

•                                                                                                       254

255

256 

Three more images, including two that are from fondly remembered films that I have seen, and the third one from a film that I haven't seen that has an intriging image.