Skip to content

Actresses Legs Quiz

Comments

• jayn_j said:
    188 Corinne Calvert in Powder River (1953)

Correct and well spotted. 

Correct and well spotted.
  • 190 Mystified Me. What Magic Might be here?  Mere Mortals may not have a clue.
  • jayn_j said:
    190 Mystified Me. What Magic Might be here?  Mere Mortals may not have a clue.
    O.K. then, here are some clues for mere mortals.

A clue for 189 is that the actress wasn't taken for a motorcycle ride in this film. 

A clue for 190 is things are not as they seemed to be, and as a bonus clue iconic.
  • I think Jay was giving hints himself with his repeated "MM" references! I recently watched this movie for unknown reasons, and like many 1950s movies it has not dated well.

Here is a handy checklist to help tell eMoviePoster.com apart from all other major auctions!
    HAS lifetime guarantees on every item - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS unrestored and unenhanced images - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS 100% honest condition descriptions - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS auctions where the winner is the higher of two real bidders - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "buyers premiums" - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "reserves or starts over $1 - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS hidden bidder IDs - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS no customer service to speak of - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "nosebleed" shipping charges - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS inadequate packaging - NOT eMoviePoster.com

• jayn_j said:
    190 Mystified Me. What Magic Might be here?  Mere Mortals may not have a clue.
    Bruce said:
    I think Jay was giving hints himself with his repeated "MM" references! I recently watched this movie for unknown reasons, and like many 1950s movies it has not dated well.
    O.k. then, two members know who the legs from image # 190 belong to. This is the very well known actress I had referred to when I originally posted  the three images.
  • ok ok, 190 has to be Marilyn Monroe!
  • ok ok, 190 has to be Marilyn Monroe!
    Correct Ves. I must also acknowledge Jay and Bruce who knew, but didn't for whatever reason want to devulge her name.  The scene is from We're Not Married ( 1952 ).

• Oh for sure.  I had no idea without all the clues given!

• Final clue for 189 is Caribbean.

• Is 189 Joan Collins?

Here is a handy checklist to help tell eMoviePoster.com apart from all other major auctions!
    HAS auctions where the winner is the higher of two real bidders - IS eMoviePoster.com

• Bruce said:
    Is 189 Joan Collins?

Good guess Bruce but unfortunately it isn't her.

Was the film Our Girl Friday aka The Adventures of Sadie  from 1953 your inspiiration by any ckance, due to the setting and also Joan Collins one piece swimming costume?

I thought this one would be a difficult one to answer so i'm thinking one more final clue won't be out of order. The clue is MM.

• I just seemed to remember Collins in a suit like this, and I also remember her in a Caribbean movie, and I put 2 and 2 together and got "wrong"!

• Bruce said:
    I just seemed to remember Collins in a suit like this, and I also remember her in a Caribbean movie, and I put 2 and 2 together and got "wrong"!

I much appreciated the effort to participate anyway.

To recap the previous clues. A less remembered actress who wasn't taken for a motorcycle ride in this film. The last MM clue given should probably be the most helpful one to hopefully solve the mystery.

• O.k. then,  my clues failed to work so I will reveal the actress in the # 189 image is Mary Murphy, taken from a scene in Hell's Island ( 1955 ). The mororcycle clue was referring to her role in The Wild One ( 1953 ) with Marlon Brando. .

I had high hopes for the MM clue but unfortunately it didn't work.

The following is a fuller image from Hell's Island showing Mary Murphy with John Payne.

A Hell's Island Australian daybill below with a nice publicity shot also of Mary Murphy taken to publicise The Maverick Queen 1956 film that she appeared in..

• A break, then more actresses legs to solve will be coming your way from me later on.
  • I had no idea...
  • I had no idea...
    ditto
  •  My second most ever participated in quiz returns.

191  192
    The first two actresses included here in this quiz revival are presented now for you to hopefully identify.  Good luck.
  • 192 is Angelina Jolie in the Mrs Smith something or other film
  • edited November 2023
    192 is Angelina Jolie in the Mrs Smith something or other film
    It certainly is Angelina Jolie from the 2005 film Mr. & Mrs. Smith  

• I feel sure 191 is Sophia Loren, but no idea what film.

• Bruce said:
    I feel sure 191 is Sophia Loren, but no idea what film.
    It is indeed the lovely Sophia Loren. The image was taken to publicise the 1960 film It Started In Naples.

• We are certainly off to a good start here with the return of this previously very popular quiz.

Here then are two more Hollywood beauties legs to admire, and to have a good think about who they may belong to. 

193  194
  • 194  I'm going to guess Ann Miller in Reveille with Beverly
  • jayn_j said:
    194  I'm going to guess Ann Miller in Reveille with Beverly
     Sorry the legs don't belong to Ann Miller at all. The film I will point out is an all time classic.
  • 193 Debra Paget but I don't know the movie (I sold this image on a signed repro photo).

She appeared opposite Elvis Presley in his first movie, Love Me Tender, and she had one of the sexiest on screen scenes ever in The Indian Tomb, where her "snake dance" must be seen to be believed (it is on YouTube)!

• How could I miss that?

Debbie Reynolds in Singin in the Rain
  • Bruce said:
    193 Debra Paget but I don't know the movie (I sold this image on a signed repro photo).

She appeared opposite Elvis Presley in his first movie, Love Me Tender, and she had one of the sexiest on screen scenes ever in The Indian Tomb, where her "snake dance" must be seen to be believed (it is on YouTube)!
    Correct Bruce. This publicity photograph was taken by 20th Century Fox to promote their 1951 remake and release of Bird Of Paradise.

Your comments regarding Debra Paget's'' snake dance'' routine that she performed in Frirz Lang's American edited version of Journey To The Lost City ( 1960 ,) I do thoroughly agree with.

• jayn_j said:
    How could I miss that?

Debbie Reynolds in Singin in the Rain
    Correct for 194. This much loved film classic Singin' In The Rain from 1952.

I had originally thought that Debbie Reynolds particular style of shoe may have assisted.

• HONDO said:

Correct Bruce. This publicity photograph was taken by 20th Century Fox to promote their 1951 remake and release of Bird Of Paradise.

An additional comment I would like to make regarding C193 Bird Of Paradise, is that in the publicity shoot this two piece outfit certainly appears not to have been worn in the actual film itself. All the female cast members including Debra Paget were dressed, to the best of my knowledge, in one piece dresses. 

I will also add that when one looks at all the film's available images of Debra Paget, the flower in her hair sometimes appears on the right hand side, while others have it on the left side.