Skip to content

New Members, Please Introduce Yourself!

Comments

• Welcome!!!
  • Welcome Chris!
  • @chrisryanandraws welcome! 

Seattle you say? I’ve got a sister in Queen Anne and my dad over in Silverdale. Nice country. 

Restoration? Always fun, challenging and interesting to say the least! Questions are always welcome!
  • Welcome, Chris! For a short while I lived in Lincoln City, OR. You're in a great part of the country. 
  • Hey guys!  I'm Branch Sheppard.  I am in Houston.  I've been collecting movie posters since the age of 12.  I'm 45 now, so 33 years I suppose.  I have about 5,000 original one sheets from 1950's to present.  Most from 1994 to present came from local theaters.  I collect certain stars and directors, best picture Oscar winners, etc.  I have a lot of duplicates that I am selling off through the Facebook Auction Group.  I also get in person autographs.  Thanks to Charlie for adding me to this group!!!
  • Welcome Aboard!!!
  • Glad you made it!
  • Welcome Branch! B)
  • Thanks for letting me in.  I've been a collector for a few years, since I worked in movie theaters in the '80s.  My collection is mostly US one sheets.  I'm sure I'll be picking brains as I have some questions about stuff.
  • Just go ahead mate!
  • Welcome!

• I've been a member of this forum for 10 minutes and haven't received any death threats or snide comments about my AIP tattoos so I guess it's safe to stick around. Soiler Alert: Please be aware that my presence will probably lower the property value of the site by a considerable amount. (Soiler alert?) Been collecting mostly horror -sci-fi since I was 13. Had I kept all my stuff, I'd be living in a much nicer house but I'm happy with what I have now at the ripe old age of 71. Just scored a gorgeous copy of HOUSE ON HAUNTED HILL; perfect shape...and I'm looking for a one sheet from THE DEVIL COMMANDS, first release. I'f you've got one for sale, let me know.
    Best,
    Greg Douglass

• I've been a member of this forum for 10 minutes and haven't received any death threats or snide comments about my AIP tattoos so I guess it's safe to stick around. Soiler Alert: Please be aware that my presence will probably lower the property value of the site by a considerable amount.  Been collecting mostly horror -sci-fi since I was 13. Had I kept all my stuff, I'd be living in a much nicer house but I'm happy with what I have now at the ripe old age of 71. Just scored a gorgeous copy of HOUSE ON HAUNTED HILL; perfect shape...and I'm looking for a one sheet from THE DEVIL COMMANDS, first release. I'f you've got one for sale, let me know.
    Best,
    Greg Douglass

I've been a member of this forum for 10 minutes and haven't received any death threats or snide comments about my AIP tattoos so I guess it's safe to stick around. Soiler Alert: Please be aware that my presence will probably lower the property value of the site by a considerable amount. (Soiler alert?) Been collecting mostly horror -sci-fi since I was 13. Had I kept all my stuff, I'd be living in a much nicer house but I'm happy with what I have now at the ripe old age of 71. Just scored a gorgeous copy of HOUSE ON HAUNTED HILL; perfect shape...and I'm looking for a one sheet from THE DEVIL COMMANDS, first release. I'f you've got one for sale, let me know.
    Best,
    Greg Douglass

• Hi Greg - great to see you popping in here.  Welcome!
  • Welcome Greg! Nice to see familiar MoPo names on here!

• I've been a member of this forum for 10 minutes and haven't received any death threats or snide comments about my AIP tattoos so I guess it's safe to stick around. Soiler Alert: Please be aware that my presence will probably lower the property value of the site by a considerable amount. (Soiler alert?) Been collecting mostly horror -sci-fi since I was 13. Had I kept all my stuff, I'd be living in a much nicer house but I'm happy with what I have now at the ripe old age of 71. Just scored a gorgeous copy of HOUSE ON HAUNTED HILL; perfect shape...and I'm looking for a one sheet from THE DEVIL COMMANDS, first release. I'f you've got one for sale, let me know.
    Best,
    Greg Douglass
    Welcome Mr AIP!

Here is a handy checklist to help tell eMoviePoster.com apart from all other major auctions!
    HAS lifetime guarantees on every item - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS unrestored and unenhanced images - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS 100% honest condition descriptions - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS auctions where the winner is the higher of two real bidders - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "buyers premiums" - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "reserves or starts over $1 - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS hidden bidder IDs - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS no customer service to speak of - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "nosebleed" shipping charges - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS inadequate packaging - NOT eMoviePoster.com

• Welcome Greg!
  • Welcome Greg! 
    I think your first post actually increased the property value. (It was zero)
    As predominately a collector of Aussie paper, I brought a chopped/sliced HOHH off Bruce and had it lovingly restored by Dario. It has been on my walls longer than any other poster in my collection. I luv it!!!

• Hi everyone !

I'm Lux, a movie poster enthousiast living in France.

I don't have enough money, (or enough walls to hang them) to really call myself a professional collector ! I only have 6 orginals posters, but they each are so dear to me ;-)

I'm starting to collect all the posters of the movie "Hara-Kiri" by Kobayashi : The 3 beautifull Italians (I have 1), Cuban, Hungarian, French, 4 Japanese, Polish, Danish... Each so diferent and so gorgeous.

Thanks for having me on this forum.

Cheers
  • Lux said:
    Hi everyone !

I'm Lux, a movie poster enthousiast living in France.

I don't have enough money, (or enough walls to hang them) to really call myself a professional collector ! I only have 6 orginals posters, but they each are so dear to me ;-)

I'm starting to collect all the posters of the movie "Hara-Kiri" by Kobayashi : The 3 beautifull Italians (I have 1), Cuban, Hungarian, French, 4 Japanese, Polish, Danish... Each so diferent and so gorgeous.

Thanks for having me on this forum.

Cheers
    Welcome Lux! I am not sure something like a "professional collector" exists! So far, you are collecting what makes you happy, so I'd say you are right on track. Collecting worldwide posters for the same film is something I enjoy too, the different approaches are interesting to see

• Welcome!
  • Hi all, I've been collecting (small time) for 25+ years.  Finding some extra time on my hands this past year, I decided to try to teach myself linen-backing, and stumbled upon this site with some of Charlie's great info- thanks! I can see that restoration is going to be a long term learning process, so I'm plugging along when I have time, trying to learn.

Dr. Strangelove is a favorite movie of mine (though the US poster design is not a particular favorite.)  I have a pretty wide range of poster likes - if the illustration is cool.
  • Mandrake said:
    Hi all, I've been collecting (small time) for 25+ years. 
    In between magic acts? ;)
  • Welcome!
  • Welcome aboard!
  • Hi !
    I'm Lionel, I'm from France and I'm collecting movie posters since 1984. I'm the happy owner of Mauvais-genres.com, a french website dedicated to Vintage Movie posters and rare collectibles, especially in the "Genre" movies (Horror, Scifi, Noir…) and mostly French movie posters. The website is 10 Years old and I have the chance to live off my passion !
    I also have a Brick'n Mortar Store located in Villeneuve-les-Avignon in the south of France. 20000 posters and stills in stock and a real love for collecting them !

I'm happy to be there to share my experience and learn from experts :smile:
    Best regards

Lionel
    https://www.mauvais-genres.com/en/ Mauvais Genres

• Welcome Lionel!