Skip to content

Hondo's This And That

Comments

• Here we go again!!!

• Sorry to disappoint members, Sven in particular who seems to having a ball, but although I was momentarily tempted to fire back with some words I realised  it would only lead to ongoing tit for tat, which serves no useful purpose here on the forum. Forum members can make up there own mind if I was guilty of intentional bumping or not. 

• Sorry Lawrence i did get too Giphy.com happy, it was all in jest i know we're all friends . 
  • Sven said:
    Sorry Lawrence i did get too Giphy.com happy, it was all in jest i know we're all friends . 

We two are good as usual Sven.Funny gifs too.
  • I caught up on all 185 thread posts this afternoon and I think we will have to take decisive action.

David has been banned... The first in the history of APF.
  •  

Does anyone know who this actress is ?

to most members I believe, 

• Well your Aussie Herald has her as Jocelyn Howarth (film name Constance Worth).

https://www.theherald.com.au/story/4766203/the-aussie-actress-who-blazed-a-trail-in-hollywood-photos/
  • edited December 2018
    Well your Aussie Herald has her as Jocelyn Howarth (film name Constance Worth).

https://www.theherald.com.au/story/4766203/the-aussie-actress-who-blazed-a-trail-in-hollywood-photos/
         Well done Wil.

From this depiction in 1933 of Australian actress Jocelyn Howarth to this glamorous photograph of the now named Constance Worth in the late 1930's. She was married briefly to actor George Brent ( 10 May - 7 December 1937 ). She was the third of six wives that he had.

Film work In Australia. The Squatter's Daughter ( 1933 ) and The Silence Of Dean Maitland ( 1934 ). 

Early work in the U.S.A. China Passage and Windjammer ( Both  1937 ). Australian newspaper advertisements using both names.
  • edited December 2018
    Is there any Aussie paper for China Passage? Nice US paper, wonder what a Daybill would look like?
  • Is there any Aussie paper for China Passage? Nice US paper, wonder what a Daybill would look like?
    No Australian daybills or any other sized posters, as far as I am aware, sighted for China Passage or Windjammer. Both these film titles should gave been full bleed, Simmons produced, 4 star logo long daybills with excellent colour and design one would like to think.

• Wil's great australian daybill of Coastal Command ( 1943 ) and an Australian newspaper advertisement of 1944 with an Australian RAAF connection reference added.
  • HONDO said:

Wil's great australian daybill of Coastal Command ( 1943 ) and an Australian newspaper advertisement of 1944 with an Australian RAAF connection reference added.
    Also available to watch on YouTube for those into WW2 titles.

• edited December 2018

The above information is from 1931 and contains interesting information on nrw theatre lobby poster display boards that were available in Australia.. The above Skippy poster is a Richardson Studio / W.R.Smith long daybill. 
  •                                                                                                                                                                                                

Grand Hotel ( 1932 ) Australian release advertising in Brisbane, Queensland. The Australian daybill appears at the top of the image just abiove on the far left above and below. They certainly knew how to advertise effectively back in those times.

• HONDO said:

Does anyone know who this actress is ?

to most members I believe, 

As I received an anonomous Dislike recorded for this entry the proposed information will now not be revealed. If someone feels so strongly about this posting please reveal yourself and come out on the thread and state publicly the reason why, rather than pressing a button anonomously. Dislike is a strong feeling to have for what I posted above.
  • Lawrence, it surely doesn't matter if one person disliked your post for whatever reason. I am certainly interested to hear what you have re Story of the Kelly Gang. There is a daybill for this film that has been misrepresented in the past so I hope you just go ahead and post whatever information you have.
  • edited December 2018
    John said:
    Lawrence, it surely doesn't matter if one person disliked your post for whatever reason. I am certainly interested to hear what you have re Story of the Kelly Gang. There is a daybill for this film that has been misrepresented in the past so I hope you just go ahead and post whatever information you have.
    You won't miss out and will be advised the information in one form or another.

• It's quite possible someone hit the dislike by mistake - I know when scrolling on my cell phone it happens where one of the message reactions is selected by accident from time to time 
  • It's quite possible someone hit the dislike by mistake - I know when scrolling on my cell phone it happens where one of the message reactions is selected by accident from time to time 

Yes possible. If this was the case then it would be pleasing is we could have the person responsible contact me privately.

• HONDO said:
    It's quite possible someone hit the dislike by mistake - I know when scrolling on my cell phone it happens where one of the message reactions is selected by accident from time to time 

Yes possible. If this was the case then it would be pleasing is we could have the person responsible contact me privately.

If you hover your cursor over it doesn't it display the member who actioned it? 
  • edited December 2018
    HONDO said:
    It's quite possible someone hit the dislike by mistake - I know when scrolling on my cell phone it happens where one of the message reactions is selected by accident from time to time 

Yes and why aren't I surprised in the slightesr as to who actioned it. And another dislike from him yesterday.
  • HONDO said:
    HONDO said:

Yes and why aren't I surprised in the slightesr as to who actioned it. And another dislike from him yesterday.
    Maybe we could put Sam Spade on the case!....or Nick & Nora....
  • Mo need to get upset by one person disliking something
  • Rick said:
    Mo need to get upset by one person disliking something
    It is the reasoning behind the dislike postings I find objections to.
    HONDO said:
    HONDO said:

Maybe we could put Sam Spade on the case!....or Nick & Nora....

No need as we now who the person responsible is. Why he can't let bygones be bygones and move on and cease the ongoing sniping is annoying to say the least. I am trying to to ignore him, but another dislike posting may produce some dislikes heading his way from me. Two can play this game. I used to enjoy this forum but time is running out for my participation here. I am winding down things currently with no new threads posted for a while now. I am not whining, as previously being accused of doing, but just speaking the truth as things stand at present. I ignore him but he can't seem to let go with his negative responses to my postings. Why can't he ignore me as I ignore him? A perfect solution would be not interaction between us both on the forum. Is that possible I wonder? Over to David.

• I think I have FIVE more Off topic, Disagrees, WTF, Dislike and WTF than you. 

Guess what, from over 90% from dickheads that run or use to run this forum.

So go and watch Running On Empty (great Aussie flick) and stand in the far que and grab a cup to collect the yellow river that runs down my back. I love weather but not that kind of weather.