Skip to content

Hondo's This And That

Comments

• HONDO said:
    Charlie said:
    No boob talk?  Guess I'm out (again)
    If I recall, since it is probably the only of Lawrence’s updates I find stimulating, there is a pre-code nudity thread...
    A pity then that a heap of unseen material, mainly lobby cards that I have images of, but haven't yet produced on this thread, is unlikely to see the light of day there.

The dislike button continues to be pressed for my comment here. The third one in two days from the same person. Dislike is a strong word and feeling, but for my comment here, really?

• edited December 2018
    HONDO said:
    HONDO said:
    Charlie said:
    No boob talk?  Guess I'm out (again)
    If I recall, since it is probably the only of Lawrence’s updates I find stimulating, there is a pre-code nudity thread...
    A pity then that a heap of unseen material, mainly lobby cards that I have images of, but haven't yet produced on this thread, is unlikely to see the light of day there.

The dislike button continues to be pressed for my comment here. The third one in two days from the same person. Dislike is a strong word and feeling, but for my comment here, really?

Lawrence that dislike was appropriate.  It wasn’t even from me although, I could see any of us horndogs not liking it. Actually, I’ve decided to dislike it as well. I’ve taken the high road, asked others to take the high road, yet you still insists on swimming in pettiness. I’m not sure how you meant it but your post basically says “since you like that thread and it’s you”, I am never going to show material there.  What you are saying is “I am going to be an asshole because I don’t like you”.  Which ironically is your same complaint against David.  You are no better than anyone else on here, are you?
  • Not sure why you are paying attention to the dislikes.  Just FUD and most forums don't even offer the option.  People at times can be jerks, especially those that have little to contribute themselves.

I swear that if you could somehow cause the skies to open and rain dollar bills, somebody would be bitching about the littering issue.
  • I have now disabled all the negative reaction icons with the exception of "flag" which should only be used to flag inappropriate and abusive behavior.  If flag is pushed it could result in the post being placed in the moderation queue.
  • Charlie said:
    I have now disabled all the negative reaction icons with the exception of "flag" which should only be used to flag inappropriate and abusive behavior.  If flag is pushed it could result in the post being placed in the moderation queue.
    I dislike that I cannot dislike this
  • HONDO said:

Image result for they took my stapler
  • Charlie said:
    I have now disabled all the negative reaction icons with the exception of "flag" which should only be used to flag inappropriate and abusive behavior.  If flag is pushed it could result in the post being placed in the moderation queue.

• G'day all I haven't posted on this forum for a long time for various reasons. I have been a lurker and I have always read Lawrences posts. I find he's posts insightfull and helpful in dating Australian posters. 
  • G'day all I haven't posted on this forum for a long time for various reasons. I have been a lurker and I have always read Lawrences posts. I find he's posts insightfull and helpful in dating Australian posters. 
    See, Lawrence, you do more good than you know! There is a vast silent majority (at least three or four) who, like those like me who do post, DO love your posts. Please focus on the part of the glass that is 90% full, and not the 12% that is empty.

Here is a handy checklist to help tell eMoviePoster.com apart from all other major auctions!
    HAS lifetime guarantees on every item - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS unrestored and unenhanced images - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS 100% honest condition descriptions - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS auctions where the winner is the higher of two real bidders - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "buyers premiums" - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "reserves or starts over $1 - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS hidden bidder IDs - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS no customer service to speak of - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "nosebleed" shipping charges - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS inadequate packaging - NOT eMoviePoster.com

• “Silent Majority”?.... Sounds like the Nixon Administration, Bruce!

• A big sincere thank you to all the members who have indicated their appreciation for my contributions on the forum and their show of support to me and their kind words. I won't single out anyone, but the response has been largerthat I anticipated kit would be.

Apart from using this thread to do so, I have also received support through the private communtion source availablle on the forum, as well as direct private emails. 

The response was heartwarming and more than enough for me to plan 2019 as a big year for me on the forum. Most likely less in quantity than previous years, but hopefully some good entertaining content postings will take place.

Hopefully this presentation is o.k. M.? ( a  private reference only ). 
  • edited December 2018
    Bruce said: 
    Please focus on the part of the glass that is 90% full, and not the 12% that is empty.

Bruce has a glass that has 102% capacity.  He is either a careful engineer who always adds margin, or a fan of Spinal Tap :smile:
  • I was betting anything YOU would comment on that "mistake", Jay!

Here is a handy checklist to help tell eMoviePoster.com apart from all other major auctions!
    HAS auctions where the winner is the higher of two real bidders - IS eMoviePoster.com

• Well done Lawrence on getting all those unsolicited comments, I look forward to 2019 too.

Unfortunately there is some misunderstanding, it was not about what you post - it was why you sometimes post. Bumping (bringing it to the top in case some missed it) and cross-posting is considered not forum etiquette here or in most any forum. It was explained privately early on when admin requested that you not do it. Bumping etc simply doesn't allow a forum to grow nor does it encourage others to participate if people keep pushing their old posts to the top - if it is interesting people will keep it bubbling along.

Your posts are well filed and categorised - easily found - so if they are of interest people will engage.

Anyways, it's sad to see the vote icons disappear, they really didn't mean squat, just a little extra for the forum, and a bit of fun.
  • Oh no....

• Actually, I was hoping you might get mad enough, leave, and start your own forum.

Then you can have all the credit and squash anyone that opposes you. I do wonder how you would handle yourself as an admin.

• Charlie said:
    Actually, I was hoping you might get mad enough, leave, and start your own forum.

Then you can have all the credit and squash anyone that opposes you. I do wonder how you would handle yourself as an admin.

Charlie said:
    I am going to kindly request that we all be bigger men/ladies and just leave Lawrence be.  I understand that at times personalities don’t mix but all in all he does not hiss/bite unless provoked.

If I could give advice from personal experience/choice.  I didn’t always get along with Lawrence - some would say I still don’t. I found his inability to take humor and/or a good roasting frustrating.  This often tempted me to only further provoke his whinniness and delicate nature.  But then I realized that is just his personality, just as it is mine to have a bit of fun from time to time.  I also think this is why David, Matt, and I got on so well when we started this place. 

But what I have learned and practiced over the past year or so is just to ignore him.  He has his playground and since I don’t enjoy playing with the guy, I don’t even visit his threads unless moderation is needed.  I was not kidding when I said I had to catch up on 185 posts.  In fact I am well over a hundred posts behind on many of his threads.  

I did receive a very nicely written PM about the situation and I agree with the assessment - just ignore him.  He is not really doing anything to anyone.  Is his obsession with dislikes frustrating?  Compared to most of us - yes.  Is he hurting anyone - no. I’m sure he will take offense to this but that is not my intent.

I don’t find anything happening actionable offenses but I would hope we can again move past this pick on Lawrence session and get back to posters. 

However, if you guys want to pick on each other and can do it like the poster buddies I know we are - have fun responsibly.

What happened to the ignore Lawrence advice Charlie?  Some conciliatory  words used by you, and only five days ago. Why now the change Charlie?                                                                                                                                              
    Anyone would fill the admimistration role better then you  do, that's for sure. Always ready to put the boot in. 

I really though things were settling down here, but no, lo and behold you seem to delight in not letting go, and enjoy in having a long running feud happening with me. Well that may be o.k. with you, but not with me. One can put up with this sort of rubbish for so long, so your desire to have me leave may be closer than you think. David and I have had our problems over the years, but he is a saint compared to you.

The possitive support shown to me recently on the forum and privately as well seems to be completely opposite to all the negative bombardments that I receive from you.To cover all bases just in case you say that you were only being funny ... you weren't.

• HONDO said:
    Oh no....

• Charlie said:
    HONDO said:
    Oh no....

There is only so much of Charlie one can tolerate though.
  • Keep up the good work Lawrence , you do a lot of research to share with us , fuck the haters 
  • Yeah Lawrence, ignore the baiting (we're all pretty much over it) and carry on with what you do.
  • Actually since we admins pay for this place, I think you all should show a little more respect.  We aren’t haters - this guy is a moron and needs to be taught a lesson.  If you want to come in my house and push me around I am going to toss you to the street. You don’t have the privledge of putting up with this guy behind the scenes.  If you love him so much please feel free to start a new forum to house him and then you’ll see.  I feel like fucking just pulling the plug on this whole place. This is not a today thing - this is years of bullshit.

He shows no respect to his hosts after years of coddling him and making him feel at home and we are the bad guys?

Please Lawrence if you are sooooo smart and your content is soooo great - move on and start your own thing.  

We take a lot of shit and let it roll off our back - most admins/owners don’t.  Don’t tempt me...
  • HONDO said:
     David and I have had our problems over the years, but he is a saint compared to you.
    I resent being called a saint.
  •                                                                                                                                                                                               Charlie said:
    Actually since we admins pay for this place, I think you all should show a little more respect.  We aren’t haters - this guy is a moron and needs to be taught a lesson.  If you want to come in my house and push me around I am going to toss you to the street. You don’t have the privledge of putting up with this guy behind the scenes.  If you love him so much please feel free to start a new forum to house him and then you’ll see.  I feel like #$*^%*! just pulling the plug on this whole place. This is not a today thing - this is years of bullshit.

He shows no respect to his hosts after years of coddling him and making him feel at home and we are the bad guys?

Please Lawrence if you are sooooo smart and your content is soooo great - move on and start your own thing.  

We take a lot of shit and let it roll off our back - most admins/owners don’t.  Don’t tempt me...

• edited December 2018
    Instead of banning you, I have simply changed your user permissions.  Enjoy your week in time out.  Anyone else want to fuck with me?
  • Why has everyone seemingly been imbibing on the good eggnog without me?!

• Here is a handy checklist to help tell eMoviePoster.com apart from all other major auctions!

• edited December 2018
    Ironic that we are actually actually three months away from 5 years since we started this place.  

I’m sure things will calm down but as admins we sure are frustrated with the lack of respect and appreciation.  I’ve calculated it up and we are getting close to having paid around $10,000 to keep this place going over the five years.  And none of us regret it, but sometimes a line has to be drawn.

I do thank everyone that loves and appreciates the forum and know that this latest falling out might impact some folks.  

To quote Beauty and the Beast - “a story as old as time...”. 

My first forum post on APF was in May of 2011 and there were so many fights and falling outs - seemed like at least once a year on APF.  Everyone survived, some quit and came back, some moved on...

I think relatively we have had very little trouble.  We practically eliminated dealer fighting. We don’t typically allow continued negativity.  But if everyone were to think on it, all the drama has involved one person.

He will either come around or he won’t - if he takes people with him, that’s fine too. 

Matt, Mark, and I (David too) will continue on trying to make this place drama free and a place for good times and poster knowledge.