Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Spot The Poster Errors

Comments

• dedeposterdedeposter Member Posts: 124 ✭✭ One-Sheeter
    The Bad and The Beautiful rating is For General Exhibition so must be a re-release.
  • HONDOHONDO Member Posts: 9,430 ✭✭✭✭✭✭ Le Grande Collector
    Bonnie Scotland runs for 80 minutes so presumably there's 60 minutes of joy and 20 minutes of absolute rubbish...
    Very amusing. The 60 minutes notation appears incorrectly printed on the original U.S.A.1935 posters as well. The film does run for 8O minutes.

Lawrence
    Matt said:
    Nice pick up Lawrence. I see the Bad and the Beautiful 1953

Leech Woman 1960
    2m033 LEECH WOMAN Aust daybill 60 female vampire drained love  life from every man she trapped

What's the third poster? Looks like Teenage runaway???

Great film. A coming of age film that lead Noah into some notable films.

The Bad and The Beautiful rating is For General Exhibition so must be a re-release.
        My take on this is that the original The Bad And The Beautiful film, which was released in Australia in 1953. had the original daybill altered for usage in the 1987 film The Year My Voice Broke.  The two added images appearing below show four daybill posters that also include The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance and The World Of Susie Wong which were released in Australia in 1961. Perhaps the makers only had the three early 1960's daybills at their disposal, so they decided to alter The Bad and The Beautiful daybill to make it look like is was from that period of time.

The Teenage Runaway title has been overprinted or most likely a snipe has been attached over The Bad and The Beautiful title. The red and white credit section of The Bad And The Beautiful can be seen on the below full image under the Teenage Runaway section. The original 'Not suitable for general exhibition' censorship rating was changed also apparently to suit the theme of the new titled film. Finally their wasn't a film titled Teenage Runaway released in the 1960s, or from memoery any teenagers featured in the film.                                                                                                                                        

Lawrence

Let's not forget this one. Of the three images posted, I had thought this one was the most obvious.
    Lawrence

Last Of The Fast Guns ( 1958 ) Australian later printed daybill where obviously the Australian poster artist hadn't seen the original poster images, and just used his imagination to create the image depicted on the above daybill. Is it just me thinking that the image looks like a well known actor who doesn't appear in this film.

Original daybill and Jock Mahoney seen above as he appeared in the film.
    Lawrence

New Zealand film poster of Dracula Prince Of Darkness (1966 ) prinrted without the title of the film appearing on the poster, along with an Australian daybill of the film..

The above Australian daybill of Last Of The Fast Guns ( 1958 ), features the image of a cowboy who resembles a young Lee Van Cleef to me. but certainly not remotely resembling Jock Mahoney. Lee Van Cleef appears above in a publicity pose for The Badge of Marshal Brennan ( 1957 ).

Lawrence

The Blonde Captive  ( 1931 ). How about this one then?
    Lawrence
    HONDO said:

The Blonde Captive  ( 1931 ). How about this one then?

One of the small advertising sections has Blond spelling and not the correct Blonde spelling appearing on it. I had thought this one wasso obvious.
    Lawrence
    edited January 7

There is certainly something out of place here that appears in both images of Boxcar Bertha ( 1972 ). Any thoughts?

Lawrence
  • BruceBruce Member, Captain Movie Poster Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter
    Boxcar Bertha is set in the Great Depression, and both posters are late 1940s re-releases.
    We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 3,000 auctions every other week + 6 major auctions a year.
    See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html
    Bruce said:
    Boxcar Bertha is set in the Great Depression, and both posters are late 1940s re-releases.
    Correct and well spotted. I imagine that you have handled  a few of these posters over the years Bruce?  Drums ( aka The Drum originally from 1938 and the Man Who Could Work Miracles from 1936. Both films were produced by Alexander Korda.

Boxcar Bertha ( 1972 ). Early Martin Scorsese film.
    Lawrence

Kind Hearts And Coronets ( 1949 ). Australian late 1950s re-release daybill poster. What is inaccurate with this poster design ?
    Lawrence
    edited January 8
    Alec Guinness doesn't appear in that costume in the film. That's actually Dennis Price isn't it? (or meant to be)

Alec Guinness doesn't appear in that costume in the film. That's actually Dennis Price isn't it? (or meant to be)

Sorry it is Alex Guinness but you are correct in saying that he doesn't wear the costume depicted on the daybill in Kind hearts and Coronets. 

Lawrence
    It looks like they've used a picture of him from another film but I can't place it, any ideas? 
    It looks like they've used a picture of him from another film but I can't place it, any ideas? 
    It is from another film. I figured this one out recently, and I was hoping one of the members here would be able to do the same,

Lawrence

Correct and good one Dede.

The Card ( 1952 ) original Australian daybill. The main image used on this 1953 released poster of Alec Guinness was altered slightly for its appearance on the late 1950s Australian re-release daybill of the 1949 film Kind Hearts and Coronets .

It appears no material for Kind Hearts and Coronets was available for BEF to use for the re-release, so they just altered the Alec Guinness image from the earlier poster for The Card and worked the film's credits around that..
    Lawrence

Der 20. Juli ( The Plot To Assassinate Hitler ) ( 1955 ) Belgian poster of a West German film.. Have you spotted the error?
    Lawrence
  • PanchoPancho Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    HONDO said:

New Zealand film poster of Dracula Prince Of Darkness (1966 ) prinrted without the title of the film appearing on the poster, along with an Australian daybill of the film..

The above Australian daybill of Last Of The Fast Guns ( 1958 ), features the image of a cowboy who resembles a young Lee Van Cleef to me. but certainly not remotely resembling Jock Mahoney. Lee Van Cleef appears above in a publicity pose for The Badge of Marshal Brennan ( 1957 ).

There were definitely NZ versions of the AUS daybill for Dracula:

8c829 DRACULA PRINCE OF DARKNESS Aust daybill 1970s artwork of most evil vampire Christopher Lee
    HONDO said:

Der 20. Juli ( The Plot To Assassinate Hitler ) ( 1955 ) Belgian poster of a West German film.. Have you spotted the error?
    A clue here is that the film was based on fact.
    Lawrence
    Pancho said:
    HONDO said:

New Zealand film poster of Dracula Prince Of Darkness (1966 ) printed without the title of the film appearing on the poster, along with an Australian daybill of the film..

There were definitely NZ versions of the AUS daybill for Dracula:

8c829 DRACULA PRINCE OF DARKNESS Aust daybill 1970s artwork of most evil vampire Christopher Lee
    Yes I knew this was the case. All I was attempting to highlight was the actual film's title that the special small 9 3/4'' x 16'' N. Z. printed version was advertising. 
    Lawrence

HONDO said:

A clue here is that the film was based on fact.

Where are the World War 11 history enthusiasts?
    Lawrence
  • BruceBruce Member, Captain Movie Poster Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter
    On 7 April 1943, Oberst Claus Schenk Graf von Stauffenberg lost his left eye, his right hand, and two fingers on his left hand.

In this movie, about the plot to assassinator Hitler, the actor playing von Stauffenberg wore a patch over his right eye!
    We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 3,000 auctions every other week + 6 major auctions a year.
    See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html
    Bruce said:
    On 7 April 1943, Oberst Claus Schenk Graf von Stauffenberg lost his left eye, his right hand, and two fingers on his left hand.

In this movie, about the plot to assassinator Hitler, the actor playing von Stauffenberg wore a patch over his right eye!
    Spot on. The film is Der 20. Juli ( aka The Plot To Assassinate Hitler ) ( 1955 ).

How could this West German film get it so wrong in less than a decade later. So much for some basic research. Wolfgang Preiss is the actor who played Colonel Clauss von Stauffenberg in this film..

Interestingly there was another West German film released in the same year of 1955 covering the same plot to kill Hitler. This time they got if right. Bernhard Wicki appears below in Jackboot Mutinhy ( aka It Happeneded On Juli 20th ) ( 1955). In addition in 2008 Tom Cruise wore the eye patch on the right eye in Valkyrie 

Finally bdlow the real Clauss von Stauffenberg before and after his eye injury.

Lawrence

HONDO said:

Interestingly there was another West German film released in the same year of 1955 covering the same plot to kill Hitler. This time they got if right. Bernhard Wicki appears below in Jackboot Mutinhy ( aka It Happened On Juli 20th ) ( 1955). In addition, many decades later in 2008 Tom Cruise wore the eye patch on the right eye in Valkyrie 

I should have said earlier '' Tom Cruise wore the eye patch on the left side in Valkyrie ''. I was stating right as being the correct side and not the positioning of the eye patch. 
    Lawrence

Something obviously wasn't meant to have been included on this Dr. No ( 1962 ) later printed poster.
    Lawrence
  • RickRick Member Posts: 940 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    is the A covering something?
  • theartofmovieposterstheartofmovieposters Member Posts: 4,750 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector
    It looks like there is something underneath
    Rick said:
    is the A covering something?
    theartofmovieposters said:
    It looks like there is something underneath

The A snipe is just coverering the Australian Not Suitable For Children censorship classification.

The error that I am seeking is visible in the image for one and all to see.

Lawrence